Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 29-30, 2019 Arctic FROPA

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, good news is it's colder in the mids @ 18z tomorrow. Bad news is it stole half of our snow. 

The sad thing though is even as the precip has shifted east the temperature profiles have not so that the significant snow threat had decreased for everywhere.  Less precip in general is getting thrown back into the cold.  Thats because its really a deamplification trend which means less cross boundary flow to get precip into the cold sector.  

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

It doesn't look that much worse than 6z to me...

LOL... its not, and 6z wasnt THAT much worse than 0z, which wasnt that much worse than 12z.... but you don't see the direction this is heading?  Some people look at exactly what each run shows...I tend to try to have a forward thinking idea of where its heading.  This isn't heading anywhere good.  BUT...it could flip around next run, or maybe we get a nice nowcast positive bust... never can write it off completely if there is a slug of precip riding along the boundary... but its not heading the way we want going into gametime.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

yea but the jackpot keeps getting less and less each run.  See my other post.  

What good is being the jackpot when it ends up being 1-2"?  

Watch the squalls on Wednesday overperform this pathetic event tomorrow.  I can dream, right.  

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

yea but the jackpot keeps getting less and less each run.  See my other post.  

What good is being the jackpot when it ends up being 1-2"?  

for all the complaining you have done about missing out on snow, you'd think you'd be happy with what you end up getting. but what do i know.

this place has turned into a super duper negative place to be right now. and frankly, its not fun. good luck with your 1-2", hopefully you get more. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ravensrule said:

I think he realizes that. 3" sucks though when you have been on the short end of the stick all winter.

3" is fine when you're going into an Arctic blast. And it's not like there's much time for this to trend into a cartopper. As long as it looks like winter, I'll take what I can get from this, especially if it comes in a short time as you said. After all, we could be Boston and get nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ravensrule said:

I think he realizes that. 3" sucks though when you have been on the short end of the stick all winter.

Considering this year has been an epic disaster start to finish along I95 north of MD, the way I look at it is ANY snow is a true gift. Tomorrow will literally be only our 4th legit chance at accum snow and it will probably work out in some fashion. 3 out of 4 is pretty damn good for our region. If Friday works out it will be 4 out of 5 chances in a winter where the pattern has been awful and the chances are few and far between. We could very easily have been under 10" for the year everywhere in our sub. It's like the best total sh!tshow ratter I've ever seen. 

ETA: I was only counting met winter. If you include the Nov snow then it's another in the win column. Our area generally needs 3-4 chances to get 1 event. Not telling a soul how they should feel but by my calculations our area is doing really well

• Like 5

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Got a feeling the mason-dixon counties get an advisory this afternoon.  Maybe northern howard and montgomery get one, but that's stretching it.

I’d maybe agree but the rush hour aspect of it probably warrants a WWA for the entire CWA.

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic