Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I did . And while still possible based on the colder Euro solutions as official forecasts come out initially ..start at 2-4”. If it wraps up quicker like Eps we can take em up

Sell. I’d count it as a win for you if you see 1”... congrats CNE and NNE. This is a glorified turd polishing for most in SNE

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I did . And while still possible based on the colder Euro solutions as official forecasts come out initially ..start at 2-4”. If it wraps up quicker like Eps we can take em up

More reasonable, agree. There’s a small chance it gets above 4” but a chance neverthless. esp along the usual 84 gradient. It’s like that highway  was paved by weenies last century. 

• Haha 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

More reasonable, agree. There’s a small chance it gets above 4” but a chance neverthless. esp along the usual 84 gradient. It’s like that highway  was paved by weenies last century. 

Unfortunately for us, I-90 is the ultimate weenie divider , but 84 comes in a close 2nd , with the Meritt taking 3rd

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Morning snark:    "storm" and "threat" were a bit pricey to define what this is... 

I dunno 'bout y'all but I for one will be happy when this buzz-saw SPV finally finishes boring through the atmosphere and trundles away into oblivion ... 

Stop whining 

this faux threat needs to be tracked with blind optimism 

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Stop whining 

this faux threat needs to be tracked with blind optimism 

There's a difference between tracking it with proper skepticism and then incessant whining about the threat being a fraud/fake/no chance/etc....the latter can stay out of the thread. The folks who are in the game on this one deserve at least that much. It's obviously frustrating for a big percent of the SNE posters on the coastal plain but there's probably going to be some pretty good snows over the elevated interior (how far SE to be determined) and esp into CNE and NNE. 

Its fine to point out that many are out of the game...it's def a flawed system, but it's not really fair to the CNE/NNE posters or deep interior (hippyvalley to N ORH County at minimum) if that's like 90% of the posts in here. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's a difference between tracking it with proper skepticism and then incessant whining about the threat being a fraud/fake/no chance/etc....the latter can stay out of the thread. The folks who are in the game on this one deserve at least that much. It's obviously frustrating for a big percent of the SNE posters on the coastal plain but there's probably going to be some pretty good snows over the elevated interior (how far SE to be determined) and esp into CNE and NNE. 

Its fine to point out that many are out of the game...it's def a flawed system, but it's not really fair to the CNE/NNE posters or deep interior (hippyvalley to N ORH County at minimum) if that's like 90% of the posts in here. 

All whining posts should be posted here. 

3 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

Do you think the meteorologists and the general weather community has some sort of responsibility in using less explosive terms for the general population- for example, polar low instead of polar vortex?  I dont think it affects anyone on our forum because everyone around here is familiar with the terminology, it's just when the mass corporate media grabs a term they think can get them more clicks or more viewers or readers they take it and run with it.

You clearly didn't read the blog post.

No, I don't.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s like because we are elevated interior they are holding it against us and predicting rains. I just don’t get it. We don’t wish rains for them 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Getting 4 inches today already two new, 12+ on ground.  Winter of Yore continues

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just got up.

I'll do a first call this PM....I thnk I speculated like 2-5" as a general idea on Friday.

If the EURO holds steady at 12z, I could see 2-5" outside 495.  C-2" outside 128?  Looks like a snap to cold on the backside...maybe flash freeze for the rest of us?  I saw Gloucester had a 9AM temp near 40 and a 1PM temp in the 20s.