Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

If the EURO holds steady at 12z, I could see 2-5" outside 495.  C-2" outside 128?  Looks like a snap to cold on the backside...maybe flash freeze for the rest of us?  I saw Gloucester had a 9AM temp near 40 and a 1PM temp in the 20s.  

Plow operator asked me how likely Wilmington was to see 2" (his threshold) yesterday, and I told him 40%. I feel that was a good estimate.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

I'm not too optimistic in Kevin's area - or here for that matter - but looks good for NW CT up through near ORH. 

Late bloomer hurts us south of the Pike. 

I agree. I said that yesterday, but it fell on deaf ears. All this talk about how west was great, and I feel like people overlooked that. Best dynamics are ne.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree. I said that yesterday, but it fell on deaf ears. All this talk about how west was great, and I feel like people overlooked that. Best dynamics are ne.

I could definitely see a sweet spot in NW CT up through the Berkshires. Generally though latitude will help as the system blooms late. 

Kevin claims Will guaranteed him 2-4" which I don't see in this thread lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I could definitely see a sweet spot in NW CT up through the Berkshires. Generally though latitude will help as the system blooms late. 

Kevin claims Will guaranteed him 2-4" which I don't see in this thread lol

No I never said that. I said I like Wills thoughts . It’s an elevation event and the hope is the valley and coast cool enough for an inch or so

21 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

WPC has the 10% percent chance of 4” of snow from MHT to ORH to Torrington CT

40% chance of 4” from about NE of Dentrite to Dentrite to Greenfield to Berkshires border on SW Ma.

70% of 4”’is strictly whites and Spine of greens up and down VT as well as elevations in NY

interested to see how this trends 

So we lock in 2-4” in NCT with chance of more...got it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Meaning what??

Stay tuned. I think N ORH county to W MA and down to NW CT is looking good for at least advisory snows. Perhaps low end warning. Your area to 495 belt near me up to say, KASH and near Ray is more on the fence. Less confidence but definitely in the game for advisory. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Stay tuned. I think N ORH county to W MA and down to NW CT is looking good for at least advisory snows. Perhaps low end warning. Your area to 495 belt near me up to say, KASH and near Ray is more on the fence. Less confidence but definitely in the game for advisory. 

I think we need that low to come east a bit more. If this thing was tracking GON-FIT or something I'd feel a lot better. Hard to get much around here on a SE wind. 

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

But should at least be able to grab 1-2 ?

17 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I think we need that low to come east a bit more. If this thing was tracking GON-FIT or something I'd feel a lot better. Hard to get much around here on a SE wind. 

I think it's going to most likely. Guidance doesn't have the greatest track record trying to shove lows inland...in the low levels anyway. It's not a classic high like the storm a week ago, but there's def still some CAD there nosing down. That will prob be enough for areas like ORH. Maybe kevin...he's closer to the warm nose in the BL but he may get a few too.