• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/29- 1/30 Storm Threat

40/70 Benchmark

You can see the warm conveyor belt out over the ocean in the 84 hour image...what a stronger vortmax at the base of the trough will do is help pull that into the moisture inland and start creating a more legit CCB. That's kind of what you are looking for if we're going for something bigger. It's obviously going to take improvements.

Hope the 18z NAM had a clue in clown range....

1 minute ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

That’s not rain. You have to consider evaporative and dynamic cooling which models always underestimate!

It's prob rain outside of the interior on this run. In CT especially outside of NW CT...maybe Kevin's area can score a few at elevation though we'll have to see how 925 looks closer in. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

18z EURO sums up the season to date with a very sharp NW to SE gradient.

Let me know if I'm being obnoxious...genuinely not trying to piss people off as I know what it's like to constantly see less than ideal solutions in storm tracks.

CJE4kcw.png

IMHO, you're fine. Carry on. 

Edit: Of course I’m a bit biased. 

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Let me know if I'm being obnoxious...genuinely not trying to piss people off as I know what it's like to constantly see less than ideal solutions in storm tracks.

CJE4kcw.png

I would not even consider it. There are a lot of NNE posters and lurkers. That map is straight 10 to 1 . Would not surprise if some pick up 20 plus by Friday 

CJE4kcw.png&key=961308d5dd447bf5055a6c6a5478aee9f119a48f4f446e8400169d9cacabb8d5

So you’ll just pour the salt in anyway? Lol.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

You’re teetering on the edge. Lol

I know man, the one thing about living up here and being a regular on the forums for over a decade, is that I rarely get to experience the winter "highs and lows" with the bulk of posters. 

So many solutions can be good in NNE but not in SNE.  Or you get a winter of exciting storms in SNE but not NNE.  A little jealous that all of you can share the same weather experiences at the same time.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

CJE4kcw.png

Congrats, Alex

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Congrats, Alex

I'll believe it when it's at my stake. :)

It's been a good winter for us in spite of the cutters, but it's hard to get really excited when the rest of New England has been so awful. I think PF said it at some point, it's like being at a party by yourself. I honestly would rather not be in the bull's eye and see more in SNE

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, alex said:

I'll believe it when it's at my stake. :)

It's been a good winter for us in spite of the cutters, but it's hard to get really excited when the rest of New England has been so awful. I think PF said it at some point, it's like being at a party by yourself. I honestly would rather not be in the bull's eye and see more in SNE

I couldn't have cared less about the other regions in 2015....you can share your's in a cum buya circle jerk all you want, but I'd prefer 100" in 30 days all to myself, rather than 50" dispersed.

• Like 1

Just now, rimetree said:

Looks like GFS gives some parting shots at frozen on Wednesay AM and another little burst at night. Not much but it's something.

Inflow goes gangbusters pretty quick in your direction. That's gonna be something to watch. Pretty dynamic. ML lapse rates are getting up near 6.5 C/KM and TTs near 50. There could be some thunder if that happened.