Newest Member
    Greenmachine1123
40/70 Benchmark

Super, Duper SWFE

Just now, sbos_wx said:

This is weird. We probably sleet or zr for several hours here even downtown 

Probably will shut down the airport 

1 hour ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

After our two inches of snow, we've been recording ZR for the past 7 hours. I measured ice accretions a little over .25". Getting scary out there. 31/30.

Yeah, swapped my shovel for a chainsaw this morning. Pines shedding large branches. On my 2.5 mile drive this morning I saw 3 trees draped over wires and two more where the road was half blocked and cops were redirecting traffic. Probably .3 accretion, but this light freezing drizzle may make things worse soon.

18 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

2.46 inches, 38 degrees, absolutely pouring. Havent heard any thunder

At least we're not letting winter interfere with our incessant heavy rainers.  15*

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, powderfreak said:

BTV metar says 2" last hour.  Man that's some true winter storm conditions with these temps.

Keep building. I’ll be up in March for a 3 day ski vaca. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Do we add ice amounts to our storm ‘snow’ totals? need all the help we can get to reach a normal season. 

Sleet counts but not ZR. 

Models sucked donkey.  Will and scooter ftw.   Will measure in a bit but eyeballing a good amount.   Everyone sub freezing now AWT. I believe yesterday’s gfs had Bos 50+?   What’s a 15+  bust on a 12 hour forecast among friends?   Sleet now and my snow guy came and I have a sleet accumulation going now.   Eyeballing about 6 inches but will get an official measurement shortly.   Goood thing Ray was smart enough to avoid the Logan measurements!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This may not verify up in Mass, but the i-84 corridor had been pegged for days down thru S Central CT. I’d bet some places in CT approach .75

lqwdtcr.jpg

Weve been having a mix of about  75% sleet, 25%  freezing rain.. Ryan was saying theyre getting much more of the latter a little  bit south and east of the 84 area.  Just said New Haven's got it way worse than up here.  That map's wrong.

Just finished shoveling - it's been about a 75/25 sleet/freezing rain mix of light intensity for the past two hours. 3.5 inches of snow/sleet accumulation with about 0.2" ice accretion on tree branches.. Temperature down to 25.6 with a dew of 24.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Models sucked donkey.  Will and scooter ftw.   Will measure in a bit but eyeballing a good amount.   Everyone sub freezing now AWT. I believe yesterday’s gfs had Bos 50+?   What’s a 15+  bust on a 12 hour forecast among friends?   Sleet now and my snow guy came and I have a sleet accumulation going now.   Eyeballing about 6 inches but will get an official measurement shortly.   Goood thing Ray was smart enough to avoid the Logan measurements!

Guess us in SE MA don’t count. :thumbsdown:  we still above freezing 

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Guess us in SE MA don’t count. :thumbsdown:  we still above freezing 

There was never much question for you Bob.   Pushing 40 to the NH border was comical.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This may not verify up in Mass, but the i-84 corridor had been pegged for days down thru S Central CT. I’d bet some places in CT approach .75

lqwdtcr.jpg

Already busting low in Hamden. .3 here with light zr continuing.

1 minute ago, South Shore Slop said:

Hit the driveway with the big squeegee, kids should be able to skate on it tomorrow. 33 and raining...

Your name is very appropriate today.