Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Begins Jan 20th AWT

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The next two cycles are when the meltdowns happens as we tickle north...classic 24-48 hour N trend. Then we'll get the "inside 24 hour messenger SE slide" and end up back to where we were before all of that. 

It's so true... I remember him stealing my snow with the RUC when I was back in ALB like 15 years ago.

Not that anyone cares, but I've convinced myself that 0.75-1.0" of QPF is a good place to start for a forecast...and 15:1 ratios would give that 10-15".  

I usually don't like banking on ratios and even though there's talk in these parts of 20:1 or even a bit higher, I believe those will be for the mid-level meso-scale band that could form.  Most of the time I think 12-15:1 look good for NNE. 

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The next 24-36 hours separates the men from the boys . You have the model huggers who think each run is the final outcome.. and then  you have the few who understand what can and can’t happen based on this setup . And they end up the victors when the others come back as models come back 

How are all those ice storm calls coming along?

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not that anyone cares, but I've convinced myself that 0.75-1.0" of QPF is a good place to start for a forecast...and 15:1 ratios would give that 10-15".  

I usually don't like banking on ratios and even though there's talk in these parts of 20:1 or even a bit higher, I believe those will be for the mid-level meso-scale band that could form.  Most of the time I think 12-15:1 look good for NNE. 

Looks good there. At least we hope to look wintry by Sunday. 

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I talked with Todd Gross (good 90's Boston Met) about that and he was the first person I ever heard use the term "chamber of commerce forecast".  I remember him saying how much he hated long range forecasts and how even the 5 day was a stretch.

He sailed off into the sunset in Utah?

45 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wow that 18z EURO is pure filth with the mid level fronto banding up here.  

Thats how you can rack it up.  That band is the key in NNE.  

Even the basic 3-hr QPF panels pick it out easily.

IMG_1940.thumb.PNG.ccbb2849317e8c8243e8ffdf23d37970.PNG

Brian and I sit nicely in that .1 area that runs through Central NH