• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

It's amazing the effect that 1/2" of fresh snow has on people. Some renters just checked in and they were so excited. "We thought it would be awful with all the rain and we got here and all the trees are covered in snow and could barey see driving." They were so happy!!! The fact that there's still almost 2 feet on the ground helps too, you wouldn't know it rained with the fresh stuff on top. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alex said:

It's amazing the effect that 1/2" of fresh snow has on people. Some renters just checked in and they were so excited. "We thought it would be awful with all the rain and we got here and all the trees are covered in snow and could barey see driving." They were so happy!!! The fact that there's still almost 2 feet on the ground helps too, you wouldn't know it rained with the fresh stuff on top. 

Whooopeeeeeeee!!!!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

Whineminster is trying to hide his melt by only going crazy in the NNE thread where it will go undetected by most of the mainstream posters...

My pack blow torched itself in about 3 hours....I really just don't know what to do anymore.  I spent all this time after the November storms fixing the plow truck.... tuning the sled.... putting new leaders on the tip-ups.....and poof! It's all gone! Even the pond ice!

Plus I spent all this time organizing a sled trip up the cabin with the braap Bros, and the trails probably won't even be open tomorrow in CNH!! 

Vent over. Sorry for the OT.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Euro is a better SWFE since the PV doesn't dig as much......I think this is more plausible.

Id like Will to chime in, but Im not sure that's a SW flow event in the more traditional sense. There's another shortwave in the south the causes a separate cyclogenesis along the coast while the clipper dies to the west. The northern clipper isnt running into confluence and redeveloping to the southeast. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Id like Will to chime in, but Im not sure that's a SW flow event in the more traditional sense. There's another shortwave in the south the causes a separate cyclogenesis along the coast while the clipper dies to the west. The northern clipper isnt running into confluence and redeveloping to the southeast. 

I'll defer to you on that. I didn't look that closely.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yea sure

download (39).png

Ooopppss..

Tue into Wed...
1025mb arctic high pres settles across new England late Mon
into Mon night. The orientation of this high will be critical as
isentropic lift associated with a warm front, attendant to low
pres across the Great Lakes, which itself is associated with
the secondary lobe of the polar vortex moving E through the
longwave trof. Column thermal temps support a p-type of mainly
SN to sleet to freezing rain as mid lvl warm air advects
poleward. Noting a signal for cold air damming in the mass
fields, supporting the risk for a wintry mix to start. Using the
more less progressive ECMWF also proposes a risk for frontal
wave development, which, after lower lvl warming could
reintroduce cold air before exiting. Given the depth of the
longwave trof, this feature also has Gulf of Mexico
connections, suggesting higher moisture and PWATs closer to 1.00
inches leading to high liquid values. Overall, something to
monitor through the weekend as timing, track and secondary
development will determine the amount of SN/PL or FZRA.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When Will and Scooter aren’t around in the early mornings and the whining starts based on a Gfs op run. It’s no wonder people left the board 

Fake News Kev FNK didn't see the 987 over Hunchies head with +5 850s covering all of Emass with 35 to 40 degree temps in all of SNE so now his original Euro shows post has changed to what an AFD says. Lol can't make it up

FNK

• Thanks 3