• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2019 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

I think some of the 1978 talk is a bit over the top but a "Coastal Bomb" development-like pattern can occur.  For that, I'll throw my hat into the ring with this upcoming potential pattern.  Keep your eyes peeled and fingers crossed at all times!

6 minutes ago, Greg said:

I think some of the 1978 talk is a bit over the top but a "Coastal Bomb" development-like pattern can occur.  For that, I'll throw my hat into the ring with this upcoming potential pattern.  Keep your eyes peeled and fingers crossed at all times!

It may not be over the top.  Remember 78 was a low of 984-decent but not earth shattering. The 1055 HP over Manitoba created quite the gradient!

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It may not be over the top.  Remember 78 was a low of 984-decent but not earth shattering. The 1055 HP over Manitoba created quite the gradient!

Dynamically speaking it was ridiculous though. 984 with that antecedent pressure environment is crazy. That would probably be like a 960 or so in a typical environment. 

The pattern will definitely have some big dog potential I think. We have the meridional flow from the PNA...we will have to see if we add some legit NAO blocking too but it seems like that is also a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Dynamically speaking it was ridiculous though. 984 with that antecedent pressure environment is crazy. That would probably be like a 960 or so in a typical environment. 

The pattern will definitely have some big dog potential I think. We have the meridional flow from the PNA...we will have to see if we add some legit NAO blocking too but it seems like that is also a possibility. 

I’ll go to my grave with the sting of disappointment for moving to LA 15 months too soon....

Just now, dryslot said:

And dissected and discussed again Then we move on the the ensembles, And break those down, And work the weeklies in along the way and a side of some strat talk................:lol:

It could be worse...we could all be out doing heroin and torching cars and acting like azzholes...at least here we are contained

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

My God. A few weenies cancelling snow based on an off hour gfs run . God this place sucks anymore. Even if a miss , there’s still light accumulation this weekend with the N stream as Mets discussed.  Get a GD grip 

Who is cancelling snow?  I just meant the GFS has gone in the shitter since the federal shutdown...not that it was great to begin with.  I would just give it less credence for now.

• ORH_wxman locked and unpinned this topic