Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We’re obviously transitioning by New Years but still work to do.  Hopefully Mother Nature doesn’t leave the job unfinished....

gosh, after yesterday, I'm ready, I hope this change is soon and not postponed longer etc, now I think I'm having a meltdown......I just keep thinking of Dec-2014, and then Jan-Feb slammed 2015! If that happened, no complaints 

I'm not trying to be the $hit streak in anyone's northern stream....believe me, when its time to derobe, I'll be the first zip-thud heard.

But I was leery of this...because the combination of this winter being so highly anticipated, yet slow starting after the initial November jolt was a perfect recipe for melts.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

What rain? With maybe some mix to start inland? That’s not bold lol. 

lol I didn't see any posts of yours saying 60s or dews in 60s to Maine like one alluded too.  

Maybe a snow/mix start over to rain, but overall looks like a run of the mill cutter.  Hyperbole aside from personal melts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

It seems to me that at the end of the ensembles we’re ok but not particularly great on the Pacific side.  I think any epic pacific pattern is 1/15 and beyond.  However, I’m pretty confident of multiple snow chances between 1/1-15.

I’ve been thinking...perhaps we shouldn’t be looking for anything “Epic”  coming down the road in the pattern??  I think that’s part of the problem for some...they’re expecting Epicosity..and when it is not totally being pictured on the modeling ...it’s throwing some for a tail spin.   

Imo...You usually don’t quite see Epic coming till it’s almost at the doorstep.  Things are looking much better going forward, and especially after the NY..that should be good enough to calm the nerves for now.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I’ve been thinking...perhaps we shouldn’t be looking for anything “Epic”  coming down the road in the pattern??  I think that’s part of the problem for some...they’re expecting Epicosity..and when it is not totally being pictured on the modeling ...it’s throwing some for a tail spin.   

Imo...You usually don’t quite see Epic coming till it’s almost at the doorstep.  Things are looking much better going forward, and especially after the NY..that should be good enough to calm the nerves for now.

I think you often see it in the long range.  We certainly have in recent years.

• Like 1

Just now, weathafella said:

I think you often see it in the long range.  We certainly have in recent years.

It may look epic...but that doesn’t necessarily mean you cash in with Epic results??

it can look Epic...and then as we close in, the little nuances that can’t be seen from afar, start to show up...and it’s those things that start to show whether the Epic look will indeed deliver, or perhaps fall short/whiff-despite the Epic look to the pattern???   Epic patterns don’t always deliver Epic results.  

Im happy with a decent/good look to an upcoming potential pattern...and take my chances with that. Keeping my expectations in check here lol... 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

It may look epic...but that doesn’t necessarily mean you cash in with Epic results??

it can look Epic...and then as we close in, the little nuances that can’t be seen from afar, start to show up...and it’s those things that start to show whether the Epic look will indeed deliver, or perhaps fall short/whiff-despite the Epic look to the pattern???   Epic patterns don’t always deliver Epic results.  

Im happy with a decent/good look to an upcoming potential pattern...and take my chances with that. Keeping my expectations in check here lol... 

Pretty sure in Feb last year we saw the epic nature of March incoming, same with Dec 14,Jan 13 Dec 04 Nov 07 Dec 10 just sayin. When its time to pull an epicosity post we will and have. Buckle up wolfie

• Like 2
  • Haha 1