• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Discussion II

Typhoon Tip

Putting lip stick on a pig that pushes its transition date back each week or two is not end of world to me 

I just want to be able to drive 2.5 hrs north and hit a snow storm

what are we up to as far as SNE rainstorms go...from the time the pattern was very good but (the calendar was a month early) to couple weeks ago when we had bad luck to now when the pattern is garbage but active w cutters. 

7, 8, 9? Impressive in reality 

ORH still at .5 snow for December . Maybe they sneak in 2” with 5-6” QPF 

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Putting lip stick on a pig that pushes its transition date back each week or two is not end of world to me 

what are we up to as far as SNE rainstorms go...from the time the pattern was very good but (the calendar was a month early) to couple weeks ago when we had bad luck to now when the pattern is garbage but active w cutters. 

No need for that--just head to the highlands of Methuen.

:)

31 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not sure where you got 0.5" from for ORH. They are still at a trace. But that will probably be over by tomorrow morning. 

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weenies gonna ween.

There's a small part of me that wants to see the next 3 systems fail just to see all the whiners on here go nuclear. It's kind of funny sometimes. You would think after years (sometimes decades) on the forums, some would eventually grasp the concept of probabilistic forecasting....but it's like watching the hamster on the wheel in reality. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

If that "unofficial" though? i.e. one of the months that they are missing data?

Yes it is. I feel like there may have been another trace back during thy Decembers of yore when the oxen got stuck in the mud. I'd have to double check. Otherwise the official record would be 0.3" in 2011. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

The experienced difference between a trace and .5" over the course of the month is staggering.  :)

The pros are getting agitated and part of that is no snow and nothing on horizon. They project their frustrations on “weenies”. 

Happens as often as weenie melts

but in all seriousness, if people had nothing to fall back on but Snow for happiness that’s an issue. Thank goodness for milfs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The pros are getting agitated and part of that is no snow and nothing on horizon. They project their frustrations on “weenies”. 

Happens as often as weenie melts

lol im a stickler for accurate snowfall climo regardless of the pattern. 

There's a small part of me that wants to see the next 3 systems fail just to see all the whiners on here go nuclear. It's kind of funny sometimes. You would think after years (sometimes decades) on the forums, some would eventually grasp the concept of probabilistic forecasting....but it's like watching the hamster on the wheel in reality. 

You forgot to throw in the mid Atlantic gets spanked system somewhere in between the cutters.
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Hazey said:

You forgot to throw in the mid Atlantic gets spanked system somewhere in between the cutters.

Yeah, The ones that will really get the lines going on the ledge is when you get a couple cutters then the next two are suppressed into the Mid Atlantic region while we feverishly huff exhaust up here.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That aspect has been more fun for me as I get older. Just sitting back and watching these guys get unhinged while it’s 55 and rain makes it worth it. There’s nothing more fun than dropping a steaming pile of cutter dung into these threads whenever weenies think a change is coming.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Where is this transition push back crap coming from? Its the unrealistic and misinformed perceptions that are pushed.  The anticipated seasonal progression has been the same since last fall.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Where is this transition push back crap coming from? Its the unrealistic and misinformed perceptions that are pushed.  The anticipated seasonal progression has been the same since last fall.

The problem is people see "pattern change" and automatically assume it's February 2015 or January 2011. It has become like pulling teeth to try and explain that a pattern change from an AK vortex to a -EPO where the cold dumps west first is a difference for the better but it still leaves us plenty susceptible to cutters...we can score in the new pattern but we're completely at the mercy of the atmospheric chaos in the northern stream. We can explain it a million times but as soon as that cutter shows up, there's always a vocal contingent that gets unhinged. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That aspect has been more fun for me as I get older. Just sitting back and watching these guys get unhinged while it’s 55 and rain makes it worth it. There’s nothing more fun than dropping a steaming pile of cutter dung into these threads whenever weenies think a change is coming.

Probably one of your better traits besides the obvious meteorological background you possess is your skill level in the art of fanning the flames.