Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December/January Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Do you really think it is necessary to come into another sub-forum and call everyone crying and moaning clowns? Besides a few on this board most have their heads on right and their expectations are in check so you are doing a disservice to most here.

cat).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Waiting on snow said:

For a place that averages 1-2 feet per year I've never seen so much crying and moaning. You clowns would be suicidal if you lived down here in the Carolina's and had to deal with craptastic winters every year.

errrr....not so craptastic for me. Looking at 8+ for snow so far his year and it is not even 2019

8 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You would think he is a newbie and not someone who has been tracking for many years with how he carries on about op runs at range 

He wants to throw a fit because he isn't happy and so he finds whatever supports his emotional tantrum. If it's a 16 day op then so be it. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

We’ll need 10 more days from there for the pattern to settle in.  Then another 5 to see our first threat materialize.  So we’re looking at the first week of February realistically.  It’ll be rockin’! 

Now see...if that WERE to happen, only then would true skepticism about the winter be warranted (because we all know how the perpetual "push back" game has gone the last couple years, lol) But otherwise...if things stay on schedule like the better meteorological brains among us say they are...just gotta roll with it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

It snows almost every year. typucally between 7-18" across the corridor in 60% of years. The other 40% are split between 20% that are better then that and 20% that are worse.

Imo the problem seems to be many act like we are New England and it should snow all the time. Then they disqualify most of the snow we do get because "it came too early or too late" or "it didn't stick to roads" or "it changed to rain" and then continue to complain that it never snows even if it just snowed a few weeks ago!  Seriously when your median snowfall for the whole season is about 12-16" for most around the area how do they get to be so picky?  Im not even close to that picky about how we get snow.  Even if they lived here with my climo they would be disappointed most years. Even up here a pure all snow warning event is a relatively rare thing.  I will never understand setting the bar so high that you will be miserable 80-90% of the time!   

So Mr PSU, just curious what is the climate like in your neck of the woods.  Your profile says you live in Manchester, I was wondering how the local climate affects your snow.

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

He wants to throw a fit because he isn't happy and so he finds whatever supports his emotional tantrum. If it's a 16 day op then so be it. 

Sounds like some other delusional fool I’ve seen posting on Twitter quite recently. :yikes:

Eta: :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, showmethesnow said:

Do you really think it is necessary to come into another sub-forum and call everyone crying and moaning clowns? Besides a few on this board most have their heads on right and their expectations are in check so you are doing a disservice to most here.

Probably not necessary. My apologies. The point was no matter how bad you think you have it, someone always has it worse. If the pessimistic few are not happy with 20 inches per season they can send just half to me and I'd call it a winter. I'm sitting on 6 inches and really don't expect anymore. Anymore is just a bonus.

• Like 1