Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Why... it would stop the posting of "it is getting squashed"... to only have the same person 3 post later saying... "well maybe not"... or someone saying "this is going to be bad" but if they actually know what they are looking at, would know better.

Because:

1. Model discussion should be inclusive this far out from the event, not exclusive

2. It WAS still squashed on the GFS

3. Who cares if the 12z CMC comes to fruition 

1 minute ago, PivotPoint said:

Because:

1. Model discussion should be inclusive this far out from the event, not exclusive

2. It WAS still squashed on the GFS

3. Who cares if the 12z CMC comes to fruition 

you are free to post elsewhere if you don't like how the mods/admin handle storms. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

Came back north a good amount after its dip south at 00z

The thing is the ggem didn't ACTUALLY go south at 0z. Just the op did. But it was an extreme outlier.  One op run at 120 hours isn't that significant if it's not supported. But we don't bother with the geps because the cmc sucks and  it updates around the same time the euro comes out so... but look at last nights ggem ens compared to 12z yesterday. It trended north. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Posted it in the wrong thread so I have a chance to correct myself.

FV3 is a hit... can't tell how nice yet.

http://mageval.ncep.noaa.gov/model-guidance-model-parameter.php?group=Model Guidance&model=GFS&area=NAMER&ps=area#

Looked better on the precip depiction thing that they have on the ncep site... either way its progress.

FV3savem3.png

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Amazing when you look at the 500 maps from the GFS and CMC. The LP and HP positioning is almost identical at 78. The GFS actually has a little bit stronger vort. But the CMC has slightly weaker confluence over the top. Very small changes will make all of the difference for our area.

Compare the trailing vort and it's easy to see why the CMC is flush and gfs slides. These panels are right before the CMC phases. 

gem_z500a_us_18.png

gfs_z500a_us_18.png

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

FV3 pushing the 1" qpf line to EZF is very encouraging... The rabbit hole is open for business again. 

This has the feeling for the EZF area of rooting for a North trend and then it goes too far North and we worry about mixing issues. I like where we all sit right now. 1" really close on FV-3 and CMC is a big hit around Fredericksburg.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

So, Bob, the canuck has the NS trailing vortex over NE KS and the Uncle Sam has it in SW Minn?  Is that how to read this?

Pretty much. I looked at the 12z FV3 on ncep and it's a partial/sloppy phase but still very close. CMC is the perfect progression but my confidence level in the CMC being the only model showing this is zero. Frustrating storm in the way you can see an easy path to victory but no consensus on the idea.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Pretty much. I looked at the 12z FV3 on ncep and it's a partial/sloppy phase but still very close. CMC is the perfect progression but my confidence level in the CMC being the only model showing this is zero. Frustrating storm in the way you can see an easy path to victory but no consensus on the idea.

TY.

14 minutes ago, wawarriors4 said:

This has the feeling for the EZF area of rooting for a North trend and then it goes too far North and we worry about mixing issues. I like where we all sit right now. 1" really close on FV-3 and CMC is a big hit around Fredericksburg.....

yes..feel the same for PWC...EZF can jackpot and I will get something...good enough for now.  If you mix I worry. 

• Like 2

• stormtracker locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic