Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

WxUSAF

47 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Lately, I agree. But in the 00s, we had a lot of good Decembers while March was usually unimpressive. Now it's the other way around.

Longer term the truth is a significant snow before December 20th and after March 10th is pretty rare. Like a 2/10 year thing.  And all of our snow tends to come in sporadic runs. There are very rare years like 2014 that we get consistent snow start to finish.  But that's a 1/10 year thing. Even 2010 most of the snow was from one storm early then an epic 10 days. When that run comes can vary but the most likely time is between New Years and Feb 20th. In a nino it's between January 20th and march. But since our snow comes in spurts the chances of snow at any one time of year is low in any year. But December is especially low. It's just too early. The jet doesn't typically displace this far south until January. It can at times and it did for a time this year and south of us cashed in but it's not going to do that consistently.  I dream of a winter wonderland at Christmas time too...but I don't get depressed and upset when reality hits each year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic