Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think he has it near his roof eave?

Get that sucker down near the ground Gene. :snowman:

Heavy snow,  lights flickering.

I think I figured out why my temp is high.   It is not that far away from the top of the roof.  I have the wood stove cranking the wind direction is such that the chimney is perhaps 40 feet upwind.  Maybe that is enough?  Just put out my digital thermometer in another location that should be accurate. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Canterbury RWIS starting to flip. About 33-34F there. 32.1° here with +SN. Ashland down to 1/4SM.

35° RA at CON. Glad we don't live there.

Too dark for me to see what's happening at 600 in Boscawen. Cam just showing dark lol.  I'd have to think if you change 90 minutes ago then I should be all snow by now.  Maybe a net gain as you said earlier.

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Very heavy wind driven plaster snow.    4".  Roads are extremely bad according to what I am hearing.

Good luck Gene!  It's an elevational paste job for sure, flipping over the lower elevations when the heavy heavies move in.  But for the elevations that are 100% snow start to finish, this will be a big one.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Jesus. Your total shot up quick. You're definitely colder than me. 1.2" of mashed potatoes here. Bouncing between 32.0-32.2°.

There's going to be a very sharp gradient with this one me thinks.  It's mostly light white rain at my house, as the deeper lift isn't expected until midnight or after...but drive through the transition zone at 1,000ft and it's like bam, snow bomb. 

I think we had this conversation during the Methuen terrain analysis and I poo poo'd it a bit... but the difference between like 750ft and 1,100ft right now is incredible.

Just now, powderfreak said:

There's going to be a very sharp gradient with this one me thinks.  It's mostly light white rain at my house, as the deeper lift isn't expected until midnight or after...but drive through the transition zone at 1,000ft and it's like bam, snow bomb. 

I think we had this conversation during the Methuen terrain analysis and I poo poo'd it a bit... but the difference between like 750ft and 1,100ft right now is incredible.

This reminds me of the 2/24/10 event in ORH. Big time elevation paste with big gradient. Those are some of my favorite type of storms. 

Overnight

Snow and rain. Total snow accumulation around an inch. 1 to 5 inches above 1000 feet. Near steady temperature in the mid 30s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Just saw this.   I don't think I'll be getting anything more than an inch.  I'm guessing you need another 500+ to get those higher amounts

Well that's a wrap for the power. Just went out doing this on my cell phone. Very heavy snow the digital thermometer I put outside shows 31.6 so the Davis is off. Okay got to get the generator going and bring in the electric cords to hook up everything. I think this is going to be a very long outage with me being up here in the hill kind of at the end of the line. I'll post the snow total a little later.

12 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Pounding at 1100ft on the western slopes of Greens even with some downsloping. Had .45" of rain before the flip about an hour ago. Roads are getting really bad at 1200ft+.

Nice good to hear, it looked like some sleet was mixed in earlier even at 2500’. New house is just outside Jamaica this year at 1100’

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This reminds me of the 2/24/10 event in ORH. Big time elevation paste with big gradient. Those are some of my favorite type of storms. 

Yeah I really enjoy these too.  You can see the difference between like every tenth of a degree difference in the atmosphere, snow increasing with every 100ft, the tops of old growth trees with more snow than the ground, lol...even if it doesn't amount to much (I still think I'll get Advisory snow at home in the end), going from light amounts of very low-ratio snow to like 10"+ of cake in a very short distance is always a fun experience.  Makes it easier to be on the lower side of the gradient when I can ski in it all tomorrow morning.