Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Generator hooked up.  Heavy snow   7"!  Trees taking a beating.  This might be a very long outage.  Don't have too much gas for the portable generator but hopefully trees are not down across my road.  

Jesus. You guys in that 31-32F range are getting crushed.

Good luck. Jealous at your 7" but losing power long term is no fun

Generator hooked up.  Heavy snow   7"!  Trees taking a beating.  This might be a very long outage.  Don't have too much gas for the portable generator but hopefully trees are not down across my road.  

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

That’s awesome/sucky at the same time. Best of luck with the power

Worst thing without power is I can't see what's going on outside except with the flashlight.    Hard to go to sleep when its cranking like this.  It's been a long time since I have had more than 13" or so.  Going to take a run at that looking at how much moisture is to come.  Don't really know what is going on with the Davis stuck at 33.1F.  Digital thermometer reads 31.6F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

There's going to be a very sharp gradient with this one me thinks.  It's mostly light white rain at my house, as the deeper lift isn't expected until midnight or after...but drive through the transition zone at 1,000ft and it's like bam, snow bomb. 

I think we had this conversation during the Methuen terrain analysis and I poo poo'd it a bit... but the difference between like 750ft and 1,100ft right now is incredible.

Google says I’m at 1247’. I would estimate the r/s line at 1100’ when I came home half an hour ago. Coming down pretty good now and the roads are starting to get covered. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

This reminds me of the 2/24/10 event in ORH. Big time elevation paste with big gradient. Those are some of my favorite type of storms. 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I really enjoy these too.  You can see the difference between like every tenth of a degree difference in the atmosphere, snow increasing with every 100ft, the tops of old growth trees with more snow than the ground, lol...even if it doesn't amount to much (I still think I'll get Advisory snow at home in the end), going from light amounts of very low-ratio snow to like 10"+ of cake in a very short distance is always a fun experience.  Makes it easier to be on the lower side of the gradient when I can ski in it all tomorrow morning.

Wasn’t there just a big discussion in one of these threads about elevation?