• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

Already had the kitchen sink yesterday, mini-size.  The 0.41" LE that fell 6A-10P came in this sequence:  ZR, RA, SN (0.2" mush midday), RA, SN (T), DZ, SN (0.1" dusting.)

My town's P&C adds up to 9-17" by tomorrow evening, but GYX cautions that the snow gradient may be as sharp as 1" per mile, some TBD places well in from the coast.  In the past, I've seen a 1" storm while 15" fell 25 miles to my south and one of 2" while 18" fell 35 miles to my NW, so anything can happen.  It's November, I've already seen 7 different measurable snow events (including yesterday's mess), and it will only take another 1" to set a new high for Novie snowfall here.  SDDs are already more than double the previous high for Nov.  It's all good, though I hope this doesn't finish as "winter's" high point.

Geezuz what a Condo collapser on the 6Z Euro. That may take power grids down even in those areas usually immune to such. Blue bomb. Further west in the NGreens would be more powdery. My winner for best snow would be MRG. Alex's area would be my heaviest deepest snow area. Winds are no joke Maine coast and just inland. Combine that with paste and potential is there for a Electrical Eliminator

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I still think low center goes more near coast or just inland. We may see a trough of low pressure move into mtns, but i think low center is closer to typical coast. However, lots of inflow may make it tough From brian to near PWM? 

Its going to be really close here and could go either way, I can see the northern part of this county that has a little more elevation from Turner North and West seeing a foot while i may get glop.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Geezuz what a Condo collapser on the 6Z Euro. That may take power grids down even in those areas usually immune to such. Blue bomb. Further west in the NGreens would be more powdery. My winner for best snow would be MRG. Alex's area would be my heaviest deepest snow area. Winds are no joke Maine coast and just inland. Combine that with paste and potential is there for a Electrical Eliminator

Still waiting on my generator to be fixed. That would suck!

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Its going to be really close here and could go either way, I can see the northern part of this county that has a little more elevation from Turner North and West seeing a foot while i may get glop.

My place in the country is in the same position.  Just a couple towns north will get pounded, my 'ville prob mostly wet.  But I'll be there tmw evening to see what happened.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah elevation will mean a lot. Be curious to see how Lava does

I think he may be in a better position elevation wise, But he is also close to where models want to track that low, Its coming down to just a few miles either way, If he SLP stays off the coast, Then it will snow as long as we can keep the winds more NNE or NE.

Just now, MaineJayhawk said:

My place in the country is in the same position.  Just a couple towns north will get pounded, my 'ville prob mostly wet.  But I'll be there tmw evening to see what happened.

I don't remember one that is as close to going either way by just a couple miles or so as this one is, Now that hunting season is over, Let it snow where it looks to, I'm starting to think of riding but have another good 4 weeks to go before that happens, But continue building the base in that region.

Just now, dryslot said:

I think he may be in a better position elevation wise, But he is also close to where models want to track that low, Its coming down to just a few miles either way, If he SLP stays off the coast, Then it will snow as long as we can keep the winds more NNE or NE.

Yea man you are in for some hand wringing. Foothills should be fine. What I am watching is how quickly heights crash. This has surprise written all over it. A lot of the soundings up there are so so marginal at the BL then you look at the lift, SGZ and it screams blue bomb. So interesting when heights collapse so quickly.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Yea man you are in for some hand wringing. Foothills should be fine. What I am watching is how quickly heights crash. This has surprise written all over it. A lot of the soundings up there are so so marginal at the BL then you look at the lift, SGZ and it screams blue bomb. So interesting when heights collapse so quickly.

Yeah, Going to have to rely on dynamics, I can see in the heavier rates seeing some catpaws.