• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/27 - Everything and the Kitchen Sink Obs

Lava Rock

I do have to chuckle a bit at the ski resorts posting their totals this morning. Not calling any one out specifically, but Wildcat for instance posts a picture exclaiming 8" at the base with a ruler stuck in the snow. Well the ruler shows it's actually 7.6"

For all intents and purposes if you're skiing Wildcat it's about 8" but for those that diligently measure snowfall, that's some pretty serious rounding.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I do have to chuckle a bit at the ski resorts posting their totals this morning. Not calling any one out specifically, but Wildcat for instance posts a picture exclaiming 8" at the base with a ruler stuck in the snow. Well the ruler shows it's actually 7.6"

For all intents and purposes if you're skiing Wildcat it's about 8" but for those that diligently measure snowfall, that's some pretty serious rounding.

Link to your snow totals received at GYX please 

2 minutes ago, MarkO said:

There are a couple neighborhoods just west of Rt. 3 in Nashua up near 400'.  Maybe it was one of those? Also, could relic snow be a factor? Snow all but gone here in Lowell, but still appearing in piles along driveways. 

We definitely don't know that information. It's just a report of 1.5-2 slushy inches. Typically when we get a report on social media where someone doesn't have an exact lat/lon it just goes down at the centerpoint of town. So this definitely strikes me as a report to toss later.

1 hour ago, Dpb1983 said:

I just moved my family to Hubbardston this June, where in town do you live?  Left my house at 5:30 to head into Newbury and roads were a mess all the way to Shirley.  Then monsoon for the rest of the ride.

I'm in one of the only developments in town, off of Rte 68, somewhat near Rietta Ranch flea market.  Roads at 6:30 were not bad, a little slush.  They must have treated them.

9 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm in one of the only developments in town, off of Rte 68, somewhat near Rietta Ranch flea market.  Roads at 6:30 were not bad, a little slush.  They must have treated them.

We moved to a renovated farmhouse on Williamsville Pond off of Burnshirt Rd.  Hubbardston treated pretty heavily, Templeton, not so much.  

6.1" on .72" LE at 1100ft at new place at 8am.  Definitely an elevation gradient here in the valley.  About 1.5" at 700-750ft in the middle of town around 8am.

Total paster out there, still some Mod snow falling, probably closed to 7" now after the board clear. Definitely 12"+ in the east slope towns with elevation and at the ski areas I would think.