Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November discussion

weathafella

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

AK black hole shows up nicely on the EPS. It’s coming eventually. 

More of a piglet vs pig and as a consolation still trying for an NAO and also still rotting in the d13+ range. Also, ensembles of all stripes trying for a poleward ridge west of it.  In the end it sure isn’t dampening sensible wx all the way out but I get the implication....

fascinating forecast up here.  I have zones showing mostly rain but up to 2" of snow.  Yet we are under a winter storm watch because the profiles are so close, and higher elevations in this county could get heavy snow. Razor's edge.  A town not 10 miles wnw of me has 4-8+ in their zones and they are not that much higher.  I'm going to NYC this am so it will be interesting to monitor via my security cam.

Also, this weekend looks like a rainer?  wtf with any NAO help?

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is easily the worst run of the EPS yet. That's ugly stuff beyond D13. Hopefully it is a little different looking as it gets closer. 

Theres a chance for an event or two though in the Dec 4-7 range. 

What’s it look like? I don’t have access to EPS :/

50 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this is easily the worst run of the EPS yet. That's ugly stuff beyond D13. Hopefully it is a little different looking as it gets closer. 

It’s been beyond d13 since Thanksgiving Day.

Why not ?  fire it up ... 

There may be some sort of left-over hesitation due to a kind of 'unspoken' sensitivity where NNE is a different region, but you just gotta think of the whole region as one identity.  

So you start a thread - title it something like, "northern regions' snow storm" ...and probably, the southerns won't post a whole helluva lot - that's just the way it goes.  This isn't an analytic hobby - oh there's some of that from time to time but by and large, this pass-time is a support group. Ha.  true though ... 

• Like 2

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

A river in Egypt

Perhaps but worth considering.  We’re not going wall to wall epicosity but how bad and for how long?   I know when a bad pattern has some hope in the longer range dreams are frequently dashed or at least tempered.  So keeping reasonable expectations without jumping off the roof seems to be the best plan.

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Perhaps but worth considering.  We’re not going wall to wall epicosity but how bad and for how long?   I know when a bad pattern has some hope in the longer range dreams are frequently dashed or at least tempered.  So keeping reasonable expectations without jumping off the roof seems to be the best plan.

Yes and I joke 

last few days is like having rumors of your main girl leaving you for the guy with the foot long...and the back and forth of her denial and things looking good yesterday to this am you see her um...in his passenger seat..reaching for change. It’s not looking good.

52 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Got to be honest... the American side of that is not looking good for winter enthusiasts...  In fact, .... bad may be apropos. 

Not sure, though, if this isn't just some artifact of a 'lost signal' more so than a legitimate one? 

What I mean is, in the absence of coherent physical presence/pattern drive in these guidance tools, they sort of flat line and tend to zonal ... which tends to precede ridging as a beta function result.  

.... Hyperbole ... but, before December deliberately attacks Holiday dough eyed innocence with metaphysical forces because said forces derive pleasure from watching people's misery ... the EPO (American) is still sagging a bit negative. That's a bit quixotic in my mind (adds variability that could offset).  As an index, particularly in nominal warm ENSO, anything of Pacific origin might intuitively bias  +PNA ... These indexes sometimes have to 'emerge' in time in that regard, not showing candycane looks like we'd rather be drugged with..  

In the meantime ...the D9 /10 operational Euro has a deep syrup dump over the western/central Canadian shield with ... I think I saw -32 C at 850?  yikes... It's quasi agreeing with the GEFs -EPO in having a ridge axis poking up NW of the Alaskan sector, and that does precede said loading. So at least before D13 ...that looks doesn't really extrapolate and might just be a stability clue when including the underlying hemispheric canvas of parameters - dicey...

So...taken fwiw, there may be conflicting signals there.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Yes and I joke 

last few days is like having rumors of your main girl leaving you for the guy with the foot long...and the back and forth of her denial and things looking good yesterday to this am you see her um...in his passenger seat..reaching for change. It happening .

Just grow a foot long yourself and you wouldn’t have to worry. 

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No one has taken initiative, you guys need to do and be better. 

This is the moment the NNE folks can stake their ground here. They need to overcome the fear of tyrannical SNE rule and make the thread. If they can overcome this fear, this moment will be remembered by NNE weenies decades from now.