Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November discussion

weathafella

16 minutes ago, leo2000 said:

Rather disheartening for snow and cold lovers such as myself if this is true from Cranky on Twitter 

Long Range Weather

1125-022.jpg 

Been talking about it plenty even prior to our parade of cold snaps. The Asia jet is now the Pacific jet and it is a strong zonal one.

We have a full basin moderate to trending strong El Nino. Our rather classic split flow.

The shitty NAO ensures we have cutters and not an endless parade of I-95 blizzards as twitter always intends to mislead you to. 

A lot of well respected mets and posters on this site have predicted a snowier than average winter. Until we see winter forecasts being amended here I am not concerned about what Cranky says. 

Although guidance does look somewhat bleak for a few weeks, that only leads us to mid December, so a lot of time for things (the PAC) to better itself.

I still think 2001 2002, with the great winter forecast and obvious bust, automatically manipulates our minds to think a repeat is inevitable (tempting the weather GODS with these predictions)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Totally agree. I never got the hate over legit obs posting. 

:lol: 

As long as people aren’t really doing the drive by gloat posts, it’s fine. Hell, even if you are...get ready to be trolled hard when karma comes back around. 

The circle of life. 

The king of gloat anomalously resides right in your state, It was in full affect just two storms ago.

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

20 years from now I'll be having back surgery like you after a rooster attack, you'll be in a nursing home looking through online scrolls, weathafella will be in his 90s and still talking about some girl he banged back in the 60s, weatherwiz will still be asking for help on a thermodynamics quiz, and we'll have a poster named "Damage in Jackson" asking CoastalWx, ORHwxman, and BryceWx how it looks for the Conway area and that it will be all snow for rt112-north.

Lol lets hope I never see a nursing home.  Jackson is one weenie spot though, especially up Black Mountain Rd. 

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol lets hope I never see a nursing home.  Jackson is one weenie spot though, especially up Black Mountain Rd. 

They’ll have options for residents to bang virtual young women by then.  And for the ladies they’ll have a continuous lubricant in pill form allowing for easy banging anyone they want.

nursing homes will be in your home even allowing sex with your ur SO without them having to participate....

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Who even thinks about gloat posting weather. I mean, you can gloat about calls...that’s kinda funny. But gloating about getting weather is silly. Nobody does that.

Yeah no clue what that poster was getting at. They’ve made it obvious they don’t like us, and take pot shots every snow event . We can look past all that though and wish them luck there 

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Who even thinks about gloat posting weather. I mean, you can gloat about calls...that’s kinda funny. But gloating about getting weather is silly. Nobody does that.

Back in the day a guy named SkiMRG in West Chesterfield, MA loved nothing more than gloating to all other SNE posters if he was snowing at 1,400ft and the rest were seeing rain.  It was his favorite thing in the world besides skiing, lol...trolling the valleys and coastal plain.

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How did Cat 1 Michael work out?

Is that guy a met? We can't even get greater than a 1.0c on the weekly data and he makes a statement about moderate to strong Nino currently. 

I get the pushback against epic blizzard tracks all the time but no need to overreact to the weenies and make yourself look like a fool. 

Much of the bullshit pattern in the coming few weeks is probably the result of intraseasonal mjo forcing, not the Nino itself. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Back in the day a guy named SkiMRG in West Chesterfield, MA loved nothing more than gloating to all other SNE posters if he was snowing at 1,400ft and the rest were seeing rain.  It was his favorite thing in the world besides skiing, lol...trolling the valleys and coastal plain.

He was a good guy. Not sure what happened when he was removed, but certainly miss his posts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Is that guy a met? We can't even get greater than a 1.0c on the weekly data and he makes a statement about moderate to strong Nino currently. 

I get the pushback against epic blizzard tracks all the time but no need to overreact to the weenies and make yourself look like a fool. 

Much of the bullshit pattern in the coming few weeks is probably the result of intraseasonal mjo forcing, not the Nino itself. 

Bingo, Nick.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Regardless of gloating or whatever, the more NNE systems we see, the higher the likelihood of a slew of posts like "it's about damn time they smoked some cirrus" once that storm passing SE of the benchmark finally happens, lol.  

Thats all part of the forum fun though. 

Its like the people who ignore climo, when you average 50 and are bummed when people who average near 125 get smoked, you need to rethink why. Sh it Pittsburgh NH is over 34 for the year already.  

Early season snow is good in NNE and Quebec. It really helps CAD down the line and keeps the source region refrigerated on those highs N of Maine. 

Its friggin' Nov 25th today, it's even pretty early for places like central NH and S ME to be getting big storms. 

• Like 1