• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    bmoremdwx
    Newest Member
    bmoremdwx
the ghost of leroy

Hurricane Flo Banter Thread-no fun allowed, no saying the storm isn’t that bad plz

1 hour ago, mattb65 said:
  1 hour ago, sickofit100 said:

Hello I just signed up this is my first post.

I would like to thank this forum and the very knowledgable people that share their knowledge and wisdom

It is because of this website I rode out hurricane Matthew and Now Hurricane Florence

Iam upset about the mass hysteria the media induced in the public. My wife freaked I kept telling her calm down look at weatherwx website these guys know what they are talking about. Sure things got hectic but I survived my wife panicked and evaced.  She was Just stinking hysterical Jeez! Thanks media!

AGAIN A BIG VERY HEARTFELT THANK YOU TO THE PEOPLE HERE WHO WERE TELLING  THE TRUTH AND NOT HYPING JUST TO SAVE FACE! KEEPING CALM AND MAKING ME FEEL SANE FOR THINK IT WAS OVERHYPED BOTH TIMES

That was from the heart now this is from my fist to the people who want to ban others for so called sh*t posting because they calling the hurricanes HYPED  WHATS THE MATTER WITH YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH FREE SPEECH? IF YOU DONT LIKE MOVE YOUR A** TO A COMMUNIST COUNTRY WHERE THEY DONT ALLOW FREE SPEECH. DO EVERYONE A FAVOR YOU FREAKING MINI HITLERS AND MOA'S

Go HEAD CALL MY POST (THE D*MN TRUTH) A **** POST AND DONT WORRY YOU THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST AS I REALLY ONLY WANTED TO EXPRESS my gratitude to the ones that deserve. 

Solid first post, dude. Few tips - lay off capslock, makes you look uneducated/angry/weird. Also, the political stuff is even weirder. This is a private message board, the owners have every right to control the content. This also goes back to point one (looking uneducated) because you show that you don't really understand the constitution.

Where do you live?

i read the from the heart part in napoleon dynamite's voice and the from the fist part in sam kinison's and it absolutely slayed

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

53 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

If your hurricane causes snow i really can’t say anything meteorlogically positive about it. It clearly was some transitioning poop. 

There was a true tropical hurricane that produced feet of snow in the Catskills in the 1800s. It’s possible

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

There was a true tropical hurricane that produced feet of snow in the Catskills in the 1800s. It’s possible

sounds like your type of storm. i'm sticking to my guns.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Ghost of Leroy is right.  You can't really get snow from a tropical system unless it is transitioning away from that.  

That’s kind of the whole point though. Most storms heading above 40 north are transitioning (there are exceptions think Bob). It was still an entity originating in the tropics that caused the snow above 2k in the Catskills. The storm occurred in the 1800s during a slightly different climate so we will never know the true Synoptics.

two confirmed dead in wilmington after being trapped under a collapsed home, with tree damage. but def minimal stuff going on there :whistle: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

two confirmed dead in wilmington after being trapped under a collapsed home, with tree damage. but def minimal stuff going on there :whistle: 

wow, i guess we can never mention again that this underperformed. #disasterverified

1 minute ago, the ghost of leroy said:

wow, i guess we can never mention again that this underperformed. #disasterverified

at least there isn't snow. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mappy said:

No offense, people die from an inch of snow or a wet roadway after 5 minutes of rain. Just humanity and luck (or lack of it)

The hurricane shouldnt be minimized...but this is what happens when you have cable news, social media and the EVIL weather channel hyping things up for ratings day after day.

”Why Florence is a storm like no other” from cnn.com the other day.

Every hurricane that hits the US now is the biggest, baddest, most scary storm ever...and it never rained this much or moved this slow and and and...

Or it is a Category 1 storm hitting the Outer Banks. And it will suck. And there will be some damage. And some people will need to be rescued. And some people didnt leave. And some people will die. And there will be flooding. And , yes, there will be storm surge!

And it isnt unusal...for a hurricane...in North Carolina...at all.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

No offense, people die from an inch of snow or a wet roadway after 5 minutes of rain. Just humanity and luck (or lack of it)

The hurricane shouldnt be minimized...but this is what happens when you have cable news, social media and the EVIL weather channel hyping things up for ratings day after day.

Every hurricane that hits the US now is the biggest, baddest, most scary storm ever...and it never rained this much or moved this slow and and and...

Or it is a Category 1 storm hitting the Outer Banks. And it will suck. And there will be some damage. And some people will need to be rescued. And some people didnt leave. And some people will die. And there will be flooding. And , yes, there will be storm surge!

I dont recall the last time two people died from a tree crushing their entire home......and not sure I'd simply call it "bad luck"

16 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

my obvious troll post went over your head. but thanks for the NC history lesson!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hazwoper said:

I dont recall the last time two people died from a tree crushing their entire home......and not sure I'd simply call it "bad luck"

Friendly reminder to cut down trees near your home.

sad none the less.

6 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

This place is filled with very odd people lol. That's the response to a mother and baby dying in crushed house? Yikes. Akeem is brilliant, but these other dudes are serious.

pffft bad luck. happens in NC all the time. 

• Like 2

why isn't this more appalling to anyone? This guy is a fraud and has no real journalistic integrity. He has been the main shot on TWC for a number of hour and hes been rocking/acting the whole time. What a joke 
It is appalling and it's another discussion entirely but that's why people can't agree on "facts" anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Maybe TWC needs to start sending these folks home that the worst is over?  Alex Wilson looks exhausted.  She had obvious bags under her eyes.  Probably didn’t get any sleep at all last night