Newest Member
    joxey
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LSC97wxnut said:

OT and I don't want to start a new thread in the Tropical Sub-Forum, but it sounds like that military plane crash in Savannah, GA was one of the National Guard Hurricane Hunter C-130's.

METAR KSAV 021653Z COR 12006KT 10SM FEW025 FEW045 FEW250 27/12 A3033 RMK AO2 SLP271 FU FEW025 T02670122 =
METAR KSAV 021553Z VRB03KT 10SM FEW015 FEW035 SCT250 26/14 A3034 RMK AO2 SLP274 FU FEW015 T02560139 =

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's finally starting to melt!  

60F and beautiful on the white beach. 

Good day for clearing the work roads.  That's the snow depth at the top of that bank.  

IMG_9523.JPG.62c4a5678c85f563937b7940e55bd613.JPG

Friday morning should present me with some ideal photo ops at the Turners Falls dam on the CT River.   The combination of the spring freshet from VT and Thursday's t-storms should provide prodigious water volumes  coming over the dam. 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Friday morning should present me with some ideal photo ops at the Turners Falls dam on the CT River.   The combination of the spring freshet from VT and Thursday's t-storms should provide prodigious water volumes  coming over the dam. 

Yeah there's a lot of water moving off the mountain today... like rivers in the middle of ski trails type stuff.  It's ripe and its melting.  I could see some flash flooding in susceptible terrain and rivers if any juicy storms roll through.

I know if a 2"/hr type storm thunderstorm were to hit Mansfield with the water ripe and ready to go, there'd be some serious rises and issues downstream.  

As it is this heat is probably melting inches of SWE in the higher elevations that are sitting on like two feet of water.

27 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s really not that hot though. Like you can feel the spring like cooler wind slap you on the backside, it’s actually comfortable.....unlike true summer when the wind consists of heavy traversing dampness.

This.

That's why these days are so nice....first real taste of summer, but still not quite like the blast furnace of true summer due to the dry dew points this time of year/today...pretty much as you said.  Feels real nice.

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s really not that hot though. Like you can feel the spring like cooler wind slap you on the backside, it’s actually comfortable.....unlike true summer when the wind consists of heavy traversing dampness.

It feels awesome 85/42 here Cocadoodle dewless beauty

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's about as nice as it gets.

Beaches in the 70s with that SW breeze you can feel the slight chill from the Ocean. Took a ride down to GON at lunch, ten spot day down there, lots of white caps and ear to ear grins, we spring into summer for a couple of days then back to spring, if the Euro is right after we shake off the mank Sun Mon the rooster will crow until the cows come home for the rest of next week.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

This discussion thread has morphed into an observations thread.  I'll let Tippy start another meteorological diatribe that can become the new Discussion Thread.

Does it really matter? No one cares its summer, a severe thread ,an obs thread and a mish mash thread, no one cares

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Does it really matter? No one cares its summer, a severe thread ,an obs thread and a mish mash thread, no one cares

Whether people care or not is not the relevant part.  It's more to keep the clean discussion about the pattern separated from the daily bore of temps/dews and brews talk.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Sunday and Monday look like beauts. No rain . 65-70 and sun. Tan up necks and faces at games and yards 

wait wut  you laughed at Scooter when he said 60s and 70s but yes we crow at the beauty of low dews and warm sun for ballgames.

it's 90 ...it's hot -  ..you guys detest warmth so much you gotta play delusion verbal games.

Bob I would but there's not much rant about post this warm up ...  I would suggest cropping out all the obs and start and obs thread that spans the three days and then leave this one put. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's 90 ...it's hot -  ..you guys detest warmth so much you gotta play delusion verbal games.

Bob I would but there's not much rant about post this warm up ...  I would suggest cropping out all the obs and start and obs thread that spans the three days and then leave this one put. 

You go girl 

I agree with Bobby and Hippy...obs should really go into obs thread. Its ok to point out records or extremes in here and how it's verifying against the progged conditions, but it should mainly stay as a discussion thread.

Archived