Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

39 minutes ago, tunafish said:

PWM hit 90. Feels rare to hit 90 before BOS.

Logan Itself can get very subtle marine taint from small area of water to the SW of the terminal towards castle island. I’ve noticed that hurts them very early in season. They were surrounded by 90.

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topped out at 78° F here today. 61° F currently while it's 77° F at AQW and 75° F at DDH. Still some rotting snow in the woods and you can feel an occasional blast of cold air come out of the woods, which is neat since the temperature can bounce 20 degrees or more from one moment to the next, especially during the afternoon when we were breezier. Peepers are out in full force for the first time tonight making a racket and I swatted my first mosquito. Spring has sprung. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Debris clouds today. That’s what I was thinking for awhile holding temps down a bit today, but yesterday snuck in. Might be able to get this to break a bit later this morning. 

Satellite suggests mid morning to mid afternoon might be a window of clarity I think.

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Satellite suggests mid morning to mid afternoon might be a window of clarity I think.

Yeah it won’t be cloudy but in and out Stuff holds temps back maybe 2-3 from yesterday. Esp if storms pop. Maybe BDL south has best shot of 90 again.

8 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

Topped out at 78° F here today. 61° F currently while it's 77° F at AQW and 75° F at DDH. Still some rotting snow in the woods and you can feel an occasional blast of cold air come out of the woods, which is neat since the temperature can bounce 20 degrees or more from one moment to the next, especially during the afternoon when we were breezier. Peepers are out in full force for the first time tonight making a racket and I swatted my first mosquito. Spring has sprung. 

I mentioned that temp bouncing in the banter thread while at the ski resort today.  The mixing of snow refrigerated air vs the very warm boundary layer conditions made it feel like it would go from hot to chilly depending on the wind.  Would've loved to have a thermometer that could try to record it.  Felt like it would be 70s out in the open and then get a blast of 40s coming out of the snow covered woods every so often.

Pretty cool stuff.

29 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I mentioned that temp bouncing in the banter thread while at the ski resort today.  The mixing of snow refrigerated air vs the very warm boundary layer conditions made it feel like it would go from hot to chilly depending on the wind.  Would've loved to have a thermometer that could try to record it.  Felt like it would be 70s out in the open and then get a blast of 40s coming out of the snow covered woods every so often.

Pretty cool stuff.

That was basically what happened here with that Feb warmup. A muggy 65F one second and then a drop into the upper 40s practically the next. I’ll have to find my 1 min obs for that when I get home later. 

The 06z NAM had 28 C at 980 over Logan at 18z for early this afternoon.  

LI's down to -4 on the regional scope.   It also has QPF blossoming in the area shortly there after ... ;)  

That's all code for heat and crispy TCU entertainment if the FRH grid numbers sniff the correct impression.  

28 C then adding the standard 4 to 5 C for well mixed warm sector 2-meter temps puts up a 90 at Logan for those that were worried about them failing that particular temperature during this warm spell. Heh.  We'll see... 

Looking down wind ... as in next week and beyond, despite the teleconnectors (which by the way ... those correlators are about to enter the seasonal loss of coefficients ) and Kevins exuberance, the Euro along with the general tenor of other guidance are trying to make this the hottest it will get until the summer of 2019  :axe: 

This happened last year...we had a hot pop around Easter, which came late in April ...then settled back into a tepid summer that had paltry heat from rarefied time to rarefied time... I've opined on that plenty so won't again -   But, I'm wondering if this year is going to try and do the same thing...  Hell, watch us get a 2002 noreaster with a glop inch in the worcester hills on May 20th.   I'm kidding of course ... no present signs for anything like that but, from my growing bastion of experiences ... and considering the unrelenting belayed warmth of any kind proceeding this week, I wouldn't think we are safe from another week of schits at some point or the other.  So we'll see.. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

HHH is here!!

90 at BDL!!

We enjoy 

Nice I'm jealous. 

Getting screwed today up here at 61F in the valley and 57F at work with low clouds and rain.  

Even brought shorts and was hoping for a nice warm day.  Back to jackets and rain gear.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Give me this all summer, would be memorable for those of us that enjoy the outdoors.

Yeah, I would take this during the summer.  Maybe not all the time, but if it's going to be hot, at least make it dry.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You should go running. Get into shape

I'm already in a shape...lol

Archived