joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39F this morning and nearing 80F at noon in the valley.  Funny when you almost get a 40F diurnal rise before noon.

With no greenery around we'll go high today.  Hot and dry with no evapotranspiration happening.  

A bunch of PWS will likely have their warmest readings for a long time with no leaves on the trees yet.  Once the yard's are all encased in greenery it'll be much harder for those forested hill towns to get as warm.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What a field day for the heat.....

I always feel like these pre-foliage days always over-perform.  Like your PWS on the hill has a great shot of getting real warm when once you are fully leafed out you'll start struggling.

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I thought euro had this last week?

there's a difference between clad research, skill and adroit application to produce a forecast vs throwing darts - 

But, no one is counting any recognition either way.

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Between 3 and 4.  Winters over.

it's generally true that diurnal maxes occur a couple ticks later in the warm season ..but today has some pretty uniquely favorable recovery physics going on which may allow the maxes to get to the 'bounce' numbers faster than normal.   in fact, looking at the temperatures over the last hour, it appears some places have slowed and are doing just that... yo yoing around 89 .. 

that said, there could be a two minute spike .. I'm interested in the records ...  

Archived