joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much warm advection tomorrow from what I can tell... 

The whole troposphere sort of moves a cool air mass out and replaces at 1::1 lapse rate everywhere.   Actually looks to me more like dry warm advection over night tonight ?  

Tomorrow looks solidly barotropic... continental version.  It's just not super hot...

I'm looking up stream and seeing a lot of 82s with DPs struggling to make 50.. Granted, it will probably be 84 to 86 at those locations in the southern Lakes by 5 pm, but fwiw that's our source 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The whole troposphere sort of moves a cool air mass out and replaces at 1::1 lapse rate everywhere.   Actually looks to me more like dry warm advection over night tonight ?  

Tomorrow looks solidly barotropic... continental version.  It's just not super hot...

I'm looking up stream and seeing a lot of 82s with DPs strongly to make 50.. Granted, it will probably be 84 to 86 at those locations in the southern Lakes by 5 pm, but fwiw that's our source 

Men in suits juggling cameras all over New England, bring on the COC. This afternoon is just beautiful.

22 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There's a reason the daily averages in EMA south of the Pike are normally 3-5 degrees lower than anywhere else South of the Pike west in Spring. Sorry you only had a little snow. Enjoy the rest of Spring you deserve it after all the hard work you did 

I don't follow, but thanks.

20 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm looking up stream and seeing a lot of 82s with DPs struggling to make 50.. Granted, it will probably be 84 to 86 at those locations in the southern Lakes by 5 pm, but fwiw that's our source 

It sort of moves in overnight into first thing tomorrow. I just mean with that on top of a cooler start..might not be able to maximize as much if it came in 12 hrs earlier type thing. Maybe it will...the wind direction is prime for a DSD. MOS has 88 at BOS. 

My hill is def still nuclear craters for the most part...I finally am seeing a bit more greening of the underbrush and some trees have flowered....but the vast majority look like mid-winter. Ugly. I suspect it will change fast this week with the warm weather.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

My hill is def still nuclear craters for the most part...I finally am seeing a bit more greening of the underbrush and some trees have flowered....but the vast majority look like mid-winter. Ugly. I suspect it will change fast this week with the warm weather.

'magine if it didn't ? 

just stayed that way until a year from now - 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

If it is green at Scooters house we are all green

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It sort of moves in overnight into first thing tomorrow. I just mean with that on top of a cooler start..might not be able to maximize as much if it came in 12 hrs earlier type thing. Maybe it will...the wind direction is prime for a DSD. MOS has 88 at BOS. 

I was kinda sorta thinkn and leaning toward the MOS numbers bein' full of schit  ...  I think this is a solid candidate for steady or even slowly rising temps tonight, despite the clear(ing) sky. 

One thing I'm noticing is the wind stays elevated .. FRH for Logan has it veering around to WSW and hummin' to 17 kts, buuuut I suppose it could decouple under that environmental flow in the interior.  But those exit points ...like where you are - heh - if it stays breezy dunnite that temp (I bet) has trouble falling...  NAM MOS has 48 at Norwood - interesting challenge.  Officially entering the time of year where entertainment has to come from excruciatingly tedious nerdliness to the point of Aspergers -

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I was kinda sorta thinkn and leaning toward the MOS numbers bein' full of schit  ...  I think this is a solid candidate for steady or even slowly rising temps tonight, despite the clear(ing) sky. 

One thing I'm noticing is the wind stays elevated .. FRH for Logan has it veering around to WSW and hummin' to 17 kts, buuuut I suppose it could decouple under that environmental flow in the interior.  But those exit points ...like where you are - heh - if it stays breezy dunnite that temp (I bet) has trouble falling...  NAM MOS has 48 at Norwood - interesting challenge.  Officially entering the time of year where entertainment has to come from excruciatingly tedious nerdliness to the point of Aspergers -

I am king for the WAA events like you speak of. No decoupling here. 

Endless string of top 10'ers on the Euro when the warmth breaks... 

Saturday's a tad windy but Sun thru next Tues we're left with light or COL column and 850s hung up at +6 under modest +PP to offer endless DVM and probably no clouds...  

wow 

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Endless string of top 10'ers on the Euro when the warmth breaks... 

Saturday's a tad windy but Sun thru next Tues we're left with light or COL column and 850s hung up at +6 under modest +PP to offer endless DVM and probably no clouds...  

wow 

Endless after Monday, where did that come from geez . Anyways looks perfect thereafter for Spring.  Those who premature e ac allation look foolish as we all thought.

index (23).png

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Good lord, more tension in this thread than during snow stealing season.  Past three pages are hilarious.

With that said, what are these leaves you all talk about?

Not yet. Norwegian maples showing first signs. Oaks and other maple species dead.

Archived