Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Odd fellow you be , we love Chamber days. What in God's name made you obsessed with air conditioning Kuwati Kevin?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You gotta put those charts away Siberian Steve 

You two would make a good ensemble.

Good downslope dandy tomorrow. I feel like on the strong warm advection days it's tough to be too bullish as the warm air is advecting in and not fully in place, but could easily see U80s in spots. Thursday if no mid level junk could be near 90 for sure.  But not sure how much crap will be nearby.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good downslope dandy tomorrow. I feel like on the strong warm advection days it's tough to be too bullish as the warm air is advecting in and not fully in place, but could easily see U80s in spots. Thursday if no mid level junk could be near 90 for sure.  But not sure how much crap will be nearby.

Severe threat Berks and NW CT?

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Two different model physics....might be good to grab 10 members off each core.  The Ginx Forecast System with an Ensemble Kevin filter.

Meh I am looking forward to the warmth , maybe finally a bud or two will appear on my as Will describes it, nuclear devastation hill, holy crap on the winter damage. Forsythias  came out yesterday but trees are barren, down in the valley and closer to the coast at least there is green underbrush.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Meh I am looking forward to the warmth , maybe finally a bud or two will appear on my as Will describes it, nuclear devastation hill, holy crap on the winter damage. Forsythias  came out yesterday but trees are barren, down in the valley and closer to the coast at least there is green underbrush.

Did they test nuclear material in Moosup? They were out in Dendrites hood already. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Forsythia from Farmington to Tolland to Union have been out since early last week 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Just trying to understand the complicated microclimate of Moosup.

Yea ok dude, you live in a marine environment. I live on a hill with my bushes behind the house in the shade. they finally bloomed. Didn't college teach you anything about soil temp at all or were you out drinking with the frat boys for that course?

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Today is a wheel-o-rhea day.  I feel like the ULL's always take FOREVER to get their azz outta town.  So much for 70 today. 

Shh you will labeled a Siberian Husky if you mention anything below 70 from now on by the the Heater Triplets

55 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Today is a wheel-o-rhea day.  I feel like the ULL's always take FOREVER to get their azz outta town.  So much for 70 today. 

should be turning almost entirely sunny there as I'm typing... Hi Res vis loop shows the back edge is shreading/slipping SSE and away with certain rapidity and you should have open sky save for elevation wave cloud here and there the rest of the way this afternoon.  

There's prooobably going to be a late high today...The back side of your 'rhea' low is actually quasi morphed into a warm boundary that is diffused and bumped up against it over western ma/eastern nys.  It's 66 in Albany and the wind turning west toward 4 to 6 pm will likely flood a t-spike east - or at least worth monitoring for that..

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea ok dude, you live in a marine environment. I live on a hill with my bushes behind the house in the shade. they finally bloomed. Didn't college teach you anything about soil temp at all or were you out drinking with the frat boys for that course?

I wouldn't say marine, pretty close to you except for rad cooling nights. I would expect you to be only a few behind. Besides, all you kept telling me was how awful the wx here is in the Spring. Sounds like it's been terrible there based on your expected June leaf out. We Spring. 

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn't say marine, pretty close to you except for rad cooling nights. I would expect you to be only a few behind. Besides, all you kept telling me was how awful the wx here is in the Spring. Sounds like it's been terrible there based on your expected June leaf out. We Spring. 

There's a reason the daily averages in EMA south of the Pike are normally 3-5 degrees lower than anywhere else South of the Pike west in Spring. Sorry you only had a little snow. Enjoy the rest of Spring you deserve it after all the hard work you did 

Archived