Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

So what's going on right now up here in C NH?  Did a weak CF move through?  Temp is steadily climbing but dews are dropping fast.  Went from that humid feel this AM to a refreshing air mass right now.  Here's my graph from Davis

Untitled.jpg

Typical midday mixing of lower dews down to the sfc as mixing heights increase. It was foggy this morning with a lot of sfc moisture so as that evaporates it goes into the BL too.

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

So what's going on right now up here in C NH?  Did a weak CF move through?  Temp is steadily climbing but dews are dropping fast.  Went from that humid feel this AM to a refreshing air mass right now.  Here's my graph from Davis

Untitled.jpg

Dry line?  CF is draped across ME right now.

Capture.JPG.f28807a371b957d5b5f153719cc5a4bd.JPG

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Thanks. Looks like dews are dropping everywhere past hour up here.  Plymouth stations down to 40F and 45F.  We refresh.... 

Looks like models had some drier air working into the midlevels during the afternoon from the N-NW. Once we got enough mixing/downsloping to tap into it the dews dropped. 

I'll be honest...this whole pattern we are stuck where the crap weather coincides with the weekends is really hurting business at my park. Sunday was workable, but Saturday killed us :(

Hoping next weekend moderates some, people are scared of going outside if it's cloudy and a raindrop might happen

2 hours ago, #NoPoles said:

I'll be honest...this whole pattern we are stuck where the crap weather coincides with the weekends is really hurting business at my park. Sunday was workable, but Saturday killed us :(

Hoping next weekend moderates some, people are scared of going outside if it's cloudy and a raindrop might happen

Wasn’t Sunday the crappy day?  We had rain and 53F...

Saturday was summery

Temps popping perhaps a deg or two above hourly machine guidance here in the interior.  Lots of 70 to 76's at backyard stations and so forth. 

I gotta figure ..with the ballast of that new surface high that subtly arrived last night still parked over NE Maine...we may organize a breeze boundary with the local Hadley cell and ribbon that inland and knock things back this afternoon.  It's like precarious warmth with that synoptic observation..  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Another Top-10 day.

38F and crisp his morning, but already in the 70s under sunny skies.  Probably going for a near 40F diurnal trend today.

About the same here for morning low, but I'm expecting a diurnal range closer to 35 than 40.  Still, pure sun with dews about 40 - hard to beat, as it's dry enough to discourage the hordes of mosquitos, the blackfly season is on the downgrade, and the deerflies (my personal bête noir) haven't arrived yet.  Wish I was in the woods instead of an office.

Sandy River flow at 286 cfs, only half the 25th percentile, and just 35 above the record low flow for the date, set in 2010.  That year had very early snowmelt and was the driest May here until this year, but had nearly 2" June 1-6, so unless some real precip can reach here soon, 2018 will set some new marks next week.

7 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Anyone notice how dry it’s gotten in SNE? Below avg rains this month and a top 5-10 month . Things have really dried out. Weekend rains trended south 

Yeah, this area has gotten more rain than a lot of SNE and the un-irrigated farms are still pretty powdery.   Good for tick control though.

5 hours ago, Whineminster said:

My A.C. seems to cool the room real nice and cold during the day, but then over night while temps drop outside it gets way hotter inside. Is the cold night tricking the A.C. thermostat to think it's colder inside than it is?

Not sure if this is it but.. during the day the a/c is constantly on.. the air coming out of the a/c is just above freezing which means the dewpoint would match that or even be lower.. so during the day it could be 70/40... At night the a/c is on less so more humid air from outside gets in the house so it could be 70/60 inside so feels warmer?

6 hours ago, Whineminster said:

My A.C. seems to cool the room real nice and cold during the day, but then over night while temps drop outside it gets way hotter inside. Is the cold night tricking the A.C. thermostat to think it's colder inside than it is?

Do you have it set on energy saver? 

Archived