• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

March 20/21 STORM Obs/Discussion- No Banter

East Jefferson County is getting close to an inch per hour from this light to mod steady snow. 3.5 inches now. This place may jack.

Looks like we're about done for a few hours in Leesburg.   Just "snow drizzle" if you will, with radar showing nothing with a couple of hours.    First part has been a bit of a bust - only gotten about half inch of sleet/snow mix in this first part of the storm.  One one point the forecast was 8-10" today; now down to 3-5".

Sigh.

Sleet has been falling mixed with rain for several hours now, but becoming more sleet than rain. Light precipitation is keeping accumulation to a minimum. There is a trace coating on cars, driveways and elevated surfaces. I measured 0.23" of rain at 8am and then an additional 1.2" at 3:30pm with sleet accumulating on top of the Cocorahs gauge. Lots of QPF for this event. Location is halfway between Waldorf and LaPlata

Switched over to snow briefly near DTSS, but back to very small sleet pellets now.

18 minutes ago, WolfStock said:

Looks like we're about done for a few hours in Leesburg.   Just "snow drizzle" if you will, with radar showing nothing with a couple of hours.    First part has been a bit of a bust - only gotten about half inch of sleet/snow mix in this first part of the storm.  One one point the forecast was 8-10" today; now down to 3-5".

Sigh.

Not sure what forecast you were looking at, but no valid model had more than an inch or so for LoCo today. 

FINALLY the goddamn site WORKS. It's been so slow.

But anyways, got a few minutes of moderate to heavy sleet. 

33/33. Temperatures slowly dropping.

Is the site finally working? Hopefully!

Got a band setting up right over me right now - I'm just aiming for an inch, which I think I'll have out of this band over what I've already gotten. Getting ready for the big time show overnight and tomorrow.

Switched over the all snow around 230 at my house and around 3pm in Germantown on way to work. Temp around 30 degrees and steady. Light to moderate at times. Had 0.5" sleet and 0.25" accretion of ZR before the flip. Radar and satellite look excellent. Tomorrow is going to be a lot of fun for everyone, except maybe Ji

All snow in Reisterstown and accumulating on everything but the main roads.

Been getting snow in Derwood for the last hour or so.  Some light whitening of mulch and grass but nothing substantial.  In the past few minutes the roofs of the houses are starting to whiten up.

2 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Anyone know what is happening in Dale City?

We've been in a lull here in Fairfax for a while, I'd imagine it's close to the same in Dale City.