Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 20-21 Storm Banter and Party Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I went to bed before the Euro last night because I was confident with what was being modeled by the rest of the 0z suite that I was in a good spot for this one. But wow. The Euro is ridiculous. And now the 6z runs are basically supporting it. Crazy

Hey man I was gonna reach out to you. Woke up and saw the totals for the Winchester area and I said man he must be stoked, as he’s been screwed all year. All the Mid Atlantic guys have for that matter. I hope shreds of paper are blasting you guys by this time tomorrow. Most models down my way have a pretty sick deform band push through the area overnight. Some instances we have a solid 6-12 type setup even down here in SW VA. Gonna have to snow pretty hard for it to stick on roads, as last storm it really struggled to.

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Yes and mine as well which I am grateful. However, we are trying to keep this thread clean for storm analysis during storm mode.  Let's try and respect the process of keeping the MBY posts in the other thread so the mods have less work and more time to enjoy the ride as well.  Many thanks sir. 

I actually thought I was in the banter thread when I posted that.  Not enough sleep, apparently. 

Just now, H2O said:

I tried to go back and clean it up some but 5 people love to make shiitposts every time that add nothing.  

You can only do so much. Appreciate the effort none the less.

Went into thread yesterday afternoon but after reading 2-3 pages with 50% being about why watches should our should not be called I just gave up. Add in another 25% of down right useless posts and the tread is basically useless for the reason it exists.

4 hours ago, SlamSlam said:

Seems likely to me that WSW criteria will be reached and has now been forecast well in advance. It is just a warning and does not mean it happens. Why can't it be issued now? Many people, like me, leave for the DC area at 3 - 4AM. If a WSW was in place I would not need to travel 125+ miles today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

LWX doesn’t care about people with sh*tty schedules who live more than 50 miles from their workplace. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Hey man I was gonna reach out to you. Woke up and saw the totals for the Winchester area and I said man he must be stoked, as he’s been screwed all year. All the Mid Atlantic guys have for that matter. I hope shreds of paper are blasting you guys by this time tomorrow. Most models down my way have a pretty sick deform band push through the area overnight. Some instances we have a solid 6-12 type setup even down here in SW VA. Gonna have to snow pretty hard for it to stick on roads, as last storm it really struggled to.

I am just glad everyone is in the game. It is so rare for our entire subforum to get snow at the same time. It takes a very special event for it to happen. And the 500 setup with this storm is very special indeed. And that it is happening in late March is just rare.

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’m really shocked schools haven’t announced early dismissals in the area where the WWA begins. Sleet gets slick super fast. Gonna have to move my car to the far corner of the Senior Lot. Don’t trust anyone, lol.

It will be coming for sure but not sure how early they are going to dismiss. The sleet started just as the busses for HS were running. My girls catch their bus around 7:30. They have had a 3 hour early dismissal before but will be interesting to see what they do today. 

1 hour ago, showmethesnow said:

At this point they are basically useless. Pretty much follow the leader with the op which is to be expected. But, and I know you will disagree with this, yesterday they did still have some utility as they did tell us that the GFS op was still underplaying the potential. 

Nah its just those pretty snow maps :P

Just now, smokeybandit said:

So for the last snowfall, I asked in the banter thread why Marylanders love to put their wipers up.  It seemed silly, since there wasn't any chance of icing.

Today, chance of icing this afternoon w/the sleet.  How many cars in the parking lots with their wipers up?  Zero

I do it because it's easier to brush off the snow with the wipers already up rather than having to dig into the snow to pull them up. 

Just now, Abbyme24 said:

I do it because it's easier to brush off the snow with the wipers already up rather than having to dig into the snow to pull them up. 

Wouldn't it make sense to do that when your wipers could be stuck to the windshield due to sleet/freezing rain?  That's what I don't get about this ritual.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Nah its just those pretty snow maps :P

Going to sound like a weenie here but....

Looking over all the models I get the feeling they aren't bringing everything to the table on our coastal. They aren't quite hitting on all cylinders yet. I can see even further upside potential here, and yes even the Euro. 

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Looking over all the models I get the feeling they aren't bringing everything to the table on our coastal. They aren't quite hitting on all cylinders yet. I can see even further upside potential here, and yes even the Euro. 

I can't disagree with this. This is looking like fun. Now watch the 12z runs shift all the good stuff to SE VA lol.

I was hoping for 6", the Euro said no problem, and the NAM 3k said double that amount.  If I get more than a foot of snow in Mid-March, I don't know what I'd do with myself. 

The one negative we have here is the time of year. We are in late March without a true arctic air mass. I think the totals are overdone in all honesty. But double digits for the majority of us isn't out of the question.

Archived