• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don’t care what anyone says here that track is perfect for Central Park. That will bury the city. I don’t care what the maps or the precipitation shield is, that will bury the city with at least a foot. Just look at snowgoose and I were talking about before the system is so ramped up that it makes every system so far this year (snow wise) look like a joke. The biggest snow potential for Central Park is here. You know what kinda rates you would get with that track, literally 3 inch an hr rates. 

Nyc schools will be closed Wednesday if that track happens mark my words

long Island would thump for a good while until it dry slots.

this storm would be outta here in less than 8 hours in my opinion

NAM has a good amount of front end snow but I have to think with a track like that most of what falls at least at the immediate coast would be rain or slop. Warm air tends to advance faster especially aloft than modeled. Models had at least 6” for me last March before changing over, I ended up with 3” which was washed away 2 hours later. 

37 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Nam has 6-12 for NYC with 12 + just to the west.

This is the snow map to use which factors in everything that will cut down on the actual accumulations - warm ground - sun angle etc.

namconus_asnowd_neus_27.png

2 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Dude you're simply wrong. That track is not giving rain to the city come on why do you always downplay stuff like this. Look up the storm that snow goose mentioned earlier that was a 12 inch snow event for central park and up to 28 for parts of queens. Stop with your terrible analysis. You'e always wrong

As a guy who has been around these forums since their inception (1998 - just under a different screen name); he is right a lot more than most of the historical NYC posters

5 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

where did he say 28 inches ?????

I'm not bickering I'm just saying what's a fact. That track and intensity with its current cold airmass depiction will nowhere near give NYC any rain period. That' my opinion. I like John.

And yes that storm gave parts of queens and northern Bergen county up to 30 inches in less than 8 hours

Sorry guys I'll take a break until tomorrow

9 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Dude you're simply wrong. That track is not giving rain to the city come on why do you always downplay stuff like this. Look up the storm that snow goose mentioned earlier that was a 12 inch snow event for central park and up to 28 for parts of queens. Stop with your terrible analysis. You're always wrong

It might not be rain but it could dryslot

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived