• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dmillz25 said:

It might not be rain but it could dryslot

On the NAM there's def a dry slot.  The storm is 60 hours out and details will be ironed out before then.  People arguing and being worried bc of 1 NAM run at this time frame is laughable.  The evolution on the NAM was gorgeous.  Tons of dynamics and area north and west of the city got crushed.   On to the next rum.  

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

On the NAM there's def a dry slot.  The storm is 60 hours out and details will be ironed out before then.  People arguing and being worried bc of 1 NAM run at this time frame is laughable.  The evolution on the NAM was gorgeous.  Tons of dynamics and area north and west of the city got crushed.   On to the next rum.  

Brugal please lol

40 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

NAM has a good amount of front end snow but I have to think with a track like that most of what falls at least at the immediate coast would be rain or slop. Warm air tends to advance faster especially aloft than modeled. Models had at least 6” for me last March before changing over, I ended up with 3” which was washed away 2 hours later. 

And I've seen similar stuff happen with March storms for decades, even when climatologically it didn't make sense, like the March 2014 storms getting suppressed. It's like if there is a way for a March storm to underperform it will. Now the situation is different in NW areas, they did well last March. That said I am rooting for this storm. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived