Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

If you measure the snow properly and clear off the board every six hours, several observers will report around 24" of snow between here and MHT/ASH. I'd be amazed if we're the lolli and see 24" of snow depth the ground because first half wet snow will compress a bit before flakes become drier. 

Good point. I know I'll get another weenie tag for this but I also think the euro is a bit east (25-50 miles) of what will verify. 

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Good point. I know I'll get another weenie tag for this but I also think the euro is a bit east (25-50 miles) of what will verify. 

50 miles west and you are flirting with the dreaded rain/snow line. 

Just now, WthrJunkyME said:

First time all winter I feel locked in for some great snow and Thursday happens to be my birthday!  Unfortunately, I suffered a heart attack Saturday night.  Thank you to dryslot’s neighbors in Lewiston for saving my sorry ass!  Proud owner of two stents, no restrictions, feel great and will be blowing snow Thursday. :D  I am in complete awe of medical science right now.

Glad you are well.

I agree with the pope. Long duration, and days and days of QPF between 1.6 and 2.1 on multiple models, Hi ratio CCB snow for the last third of the storm and some fluff Thursday.  Most people in the jackpot zone in Southeast New Hampshire will probably get around 18 inches of snow maybe 20 but there will be places that get into good band.  I would expect there will be bands that time is generating 3 inch an hour snows maybe more.

7 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

wow, glad you're ok.

7 minutes ago, WthrJunkyME said:

Wow, Sorry to hear, Good luck man.

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I agree with the pope. Long duration, and days and days of QPF between 1.6 and 2.1 on multiple models, Hi ratio CCB snow for the last third of the storm and some fluff Thursday.  Most people in the jackpot zone in Southeast New Hampshire will probably get around 18 inches of snow maybe 20 but there will be places that get into good band.  I would expect there will be bands that time is generating 3 inch an hour snows maybe more.

Yea I think there will be an area close by, along Rt 202, from Northwood NH to Rochester NH up to Waterboro ME, that gets the perfect combination of ratios/duration/banding where they'll get the 24-30" amts...But confidence too low to forecast for obvious reasons...

Starting to feel really good about where I am in SE NH on the MA border...north of 495, west of 95.  I'm always nervous about any forceast above 14" so I'm hoping for a foot and will see how things play out.  Worried I may lose what remains of my fence since I never got a chance to repair from last storm......

Archived