Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

General 1-2' is reasonable for this area but I agree, I wouldn't bank on 2'' of QPF or 12:1 ratios. I don't see lollis to 30'' here but I wouldn't be shocked if some towns pull off a couple feet. 

I've been telling people 12-18". Might need to bump the upper limit to 21", but I'm not sure about 24" with such a wet snow.

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

General 1-2' is reasonable for this area but I agree, I wouldn't bank on 2'' of QPF or 12:1 ratios. I don't see lollis to 30'' here but I wouldn't be shocked if some towns pull off a couple feet. 

I wouldn't even be tossing out the idea if it wasn't for the duration. Snows for 24 hrs, conservatively...

I'm with you, and my original call is highest confidence obviously. But I can easily see a 25-50 sq mile area over the 24" mark.  

ALY likes the lingering snow, upslope...

Thursday, although the best synoptic forcing should lift north and east of the region, a moist, cyclonic low/mid level flow should promote considerable upslope snow across portions of the Taconics and western New England through a good portion of the day. In fact, Froude numbers from the Nam12 suggest a blocked flow scenario through much of the day, in which greatest vertical motion and most persistent snowfall occurs mainly upstream of higher terrain features such as the Green Mountains, Berkshires and Litchfield Hills.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Furthest N extent of 925 0C line:

download_model-en-087-0_modez_2018030612

I'd feel most confident on where the -1C max extent NW is...but if that actually verifies, then places like BOS (esp just off the water) would def get a decent amount of paste.

1 minute ago, WxBlue said:

I've been telling people 12-18". Might need to bump the upper limit to 21", but I'm not sure about 24" with such a wet snow.

I bet some weenie town reports it. But I agree, that's a lolli. I actually really like GYX's map and not only because it jackpots ASH...looks about what I would forecast right now. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

12:1 will be tough if it winds up paste. Better hope to rot around 31-32F overnight.

That's the saving grace, Bulk of the heavier precip fall overnight up here, maybe we pull off a little higher ratio which would be cake but i'm sticking with 10:1.

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I bet some weenie town reports it. But I agree, that's a lolli. I actually really like GYX's map and not only because it jackpots ASH...looks about what I would forecast right now. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

First half looks like wet snow, 2nd half could be powder.

If you measure the snow properly and clear off the board every six hours, several observers will report around 24" of snow between here and MHT/ASH. I'd be amazed if we're the lolli and see 24" of snow depth the ground because first half wet snow will compress a bit before flakes become drier. 

10 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Euro just loves that CT QPF screwgie. Hope it's wrong.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is setting up a classic Codfishsnowman meltdown.

Ridden this ride before. Multiple storms with similar tracks as what is being shown currently that have laid out the low qpf/ dry slotting.  Happens quite often in my area. 

Archived