Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Compromise.  Near ACK to near the east point of the Elbow or a little east of there, is my call as it has sort of looked for a few days.

The main thing though is the trajectory it is taking when it passes those areas IMO.

Its not going to move very much, That you know, I can see a tic or two west or hold serve.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I don't get the Mets who tweet things about dry slots and snow rain lines before the entire 12Z suite is in . The rash  every model run tweets seems a new way of communicating, first to the scene stuff. Maybe its just me 

Agree... its crazy.  Talk about confusing information.  It's one thing in a forum situation like this to talk about it but when known and followed Mets are calling the storm off for some while jackpotting others with every single run, its no surprise so many people are left with their eyes crossed not sure what's going on.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Compromise.  Near ACK to near the east point of the Elbow or a little east of there, is my call as it has sort of looked for a few days.

The main thing though is the trajectory it is taking when it passes those areas IMO.

For me what matter is how it gets there.  The 0z Euro was essentially due east fro ACY... lousy for ENY. I'm obviously rooting for the models that hug it up the NJ coast further. After that it can release east to the Cape and  I'm fine with it. :)

Just now, Logan11 said:

For me what matter is how it gets there.  The 0z was essentially due east fro ACY... lousy for ENY. I'm obviously rooting for the models that hug it up the NJ coast further. After that it can release east to the Cape and  I'm fine with it. :)

I always think if its moving due north you get a better chance of a north-south mid-level fronto band stalling and pivoting.  When the storm goes due east its taking that band with it and it ends up being a more transient band of snow swinging through east to west.  Maybe I'm just envisioning it wrong.  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Agree... its crazy.  Talk about confusing information.  It's one thing in a forum situation like this to talk about it but when known and followed Mets are calling the storm off for some while jackpotting others with every single run, its no surprise so many people are left with their eyes crossed not sure what's going on.

let me tell you an example. The NWS in NYC tweeted out amounts and what they see as evolution, a minute later Boston tweeted out about moving rain snow lines way west and people at 33/34 only accumulating on grassy surfaces, then other mets follow with dry slots and cut backs. Meanwhile staff here are seeing all of it and have emailed me or called me because we have a full slate of groups and visitors here tomorrow saying WTF is going on. I told them all sit tight don't make any rash decisions and wait until later today until it all shakes out.

Just now, dendrite said:

Lots of bomb cyclones that never materialize.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

It is most reliable during [nuclear] winter months.

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

When that one nukes, it really nukes!

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It tends to nuke out lows way too much.

Odd I think of hot babes and you guys think of war. Swiss Miss gives me about 8-10 snow , EMA not so good

57 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I was planning on riding the Brookline and Hollis trails on Thursday....you're saying I shouldn't? 

Lets see:

-in a car? Nope, would get stuck in snow

-in a truck? Nope, would get stuck in mud and water bars

-on an ATV? Nope, would get stuck in snow, mud, and water bars

-on a sled? Nope, would get stuck in snow, mud, and water bars. Would also find every rock and stump that is just under that snow.

-on horseback? Bingo!

Archived