Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Many of us are gun shy after the last debacle.  On Friday we had to overcome a boatload of puke.

While not extremely cold, we should be in better shape.  Weenies crossed.   Ride the Euro

You and I have very little to worry about outside of the GFS dry slot scenario but I have not bought into that yet.  

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Brian,  these sounding pages are great.  I can understand them better than Skew T's.  What site do you use?

Not sure what he's using but I find these images to be the easiest to digest.  Unfortunately the closest spot to you is kcon.

http://coolwx.com/cgi-bin/getbufr.cgi?region=NH&stn=KCON&model=gfs&time=current&field=tempa

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We can actually get a sneak peak at the ukie out to 36hours on plymouth for a few levels....here is 500 and 850....it's definitely east of the american guidance

Mar6_12zUkie500.gif

Mar6_12zUkie850.gif

Def man! The American models have that low pegged against the NJ coastline. Good to see for people. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We can actually get a sneak peak at the ukie out to 36hours on plymouth for a few levels....here is 500 and 850....it's definitely east of the american guidance

Lets be honest, the American guidance is fun to look at but all of us out west know its wrong with that look.

I agree with the tick east as we arrive at go-time, the RIP Messenger east tick we heard about for years on WWBB and EUSWX. 

I don't think much has changed.  Rain isn't reaching 495-395 zone in SNE.  Might be a pasty low ratio snow but it'll tug east enough to snow.  The only wild card is once again the antecedent air mass is not very good.  If we had highs in the 20s today or something, it'd be a no brainer.  At least it won't have time to warm up tomorrow before it really starts precipitating.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Lets be honest, the American guidance is fun to look at but all of us out west know its wrong with that look.

I agree with the tick east as we arrive at go-time, the RIP Messenger east tick we heard about for years on WWBB and EUSWX. 

I don't think much has changed.  Rain isn't reaching 495-395 zone in SNE.  Might be a pasty low ratio snow but it'll tug east enough to snow.  The only wild card is once again the antecedent air mass is not very good.  If we had highs in the 20s today or something, it'd be a no brainer.  At least it won't have time to warm up tomorrow before it really starts precipitating.

Ah!! EUSWX the good ole days!

3 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

Well I think Euro will tell the tale as this point.....if if holds...the line in the sand will be drawn and we'll see who the winner(s) are.

Compromise.  Near ACK to near the east point of the Elbow or a little east of there, is my call as it has sort of looked for a few days.

The main thing though is the trajectory it is taking when it passes those areas IMO.

Archived