Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

It's almost April. The time for 50s for highs is past. That was what March should have been for.

We're still in the transitional period. Growing season (last freeze) doesn't really begin until mid-April. To me, growing season is when spring is truly in full swing.

8 minutes ago, Fozz said:

We're still in the transitional period. Growing season (last freeze) doesn't really begin until mid-April. To me, growing season is when spring is truly in full swing.

Well, I am not you. And I am more than ready for 50 for a high and 28 for a low to be done. We are way past that time on the calendar. Every week we waste now waiting for warmth to arrive raises the chance that we fly by the 60s and 70s spring days and jump to mid 80s heat. From my perspective, that is far less than ideal.

My Jeep SRT8 is still at the dealer. Top half of the motor torn down. As I suspected, valve train problem. Seized roller lifter wiped a lobe on the camshaft on cyl 3. Waiting on new cam and lifters. So tempting to do a mod here, but not going to happen with the warranty.

3 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

My Jeep SRT8 is still at the dealer. Top half of the motor torn down. As I suspected, valve train problem. Seized roller lifter wiped a lobe on the camshaft on cyl 3. Waiting on new cam and lifters. So tempting to do a mod here, but not going to happen with the warranty.

Wow.  That's been two weeks, hasn't it? 

4 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

UGH. So are you in a rental?

21 hours ago, wxdude64 said:

Today WAS a spectacular spring day in my book. I walked 5 miles this morning on river trail in a T, almost pulled the shorts back out. Bright sunshine and a light E breeze and low 40's, nice. High headed for about 49/50 today, which is 8/9 degrees short of normal for this date (58/34).

Now, see, TODAY reminds us that winter hasn't QUITE left yet....only 37.8 at 12:30 pm and had rain and sleet and freezing rain earlier. Still walked, just not in a T-shirt (long sleeves) and thinking about shorts lol. Supposed to really crank up next two days on the temps.

1 minute ago, wxdude64 said:

Now, see, TODAY reminds us that winter hasn't QUITE left yet....only 37.8 at 12:30 pm and had rain and sleet and freezing rain earlier. Still walked, just not in a T-shirt (long sleeves) and thinking about shorts lol. Supposed to really crank up next two days on the temps.

Chilly day. A few days in the 60s will feel nice, even if it comes with some showers. Doesn't look like the warm up will last long though.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We might need an April Disco thread for snow, pretty funny. I’m soaking up sun in the Bahamas but not gonna lie more snow is tempting.

I'm skiing in Utah from Thursday to Tuesday, so you can just about lock in the Monday threat. 

47 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Been off of the grid since the last snowstorm. I needed a break from tracking. I just happened to look at the GFS this morning and could only help but think how much I wished we had the upcoming pattern in February. It really is a shame. I am ready for warmth and the beach at this point.

For those who don't think Puerto Rico can happen here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived