joxey
March Banter

George BM

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Should I put you on the watch list?

oh, no way, I'll ride the disaster to the end just like last year lol.

Currently I am sitting at 5.6 inches for the year, beating the 6.4 from last year and overtaking 2nd worst I've ever had in all the years I've kept records (1979). If nothing else happens, I'll post a 2nd and 3rd worse in back to back years!!!!

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

oh, no way, I'll ride the disaster to the end just like last year lol.

Currently I am sitting at 5.6 inches for the year, beating the 6.4 from last year and overtaking 2nd worst I've ever had in all the years I've kept records (1979). If nothing else happens, I'll post a 2nd and 3rd worse in back to back years!!!!

If you don't mind me asking, which year had the lowest total?

8 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Made the mistake of trying to travel to Rochester during the height of the Subforum Civil War in January and got captured by one of the westerners.

I hope whoever has him is treating him well. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Please never ever ever post that again. 

And people are JUST missing him??? Where is the love??

And yes, that is a correct and appropriate response to my answer, I'll try to not let that happen again.

we can tolerate bad winters after a good one, but 2 in a row sucks.  i mean there's really no way to rationalize it in a positive manner other than to say the more bad winters we have the more we're due for a good one because gambler's fallacy is real.

2 minutes ago, 87storms said:

we can tolerate bad winters after a good one, but 2 in a row sucks.  i mean there's really no way to rationalize it in a positive manner other than to say the more bad winters we have the more we're due for a good one because gambler's fallacy is real.

Harder to tolerate when many East, North, & South of us have had 2 average or above average winters in a row, and we're basically stuck. 

6 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Harder to tolerate when many East, North, & South of us have had 2 average or above average winters in a row, and we're basically stuck. 

yea and it goes to show how fickle this region is with snow.  50 miles north, south, east, west, and the totals can be completely different.  it's a roll of the dice here.  hopefully the next storm we can win back some of our money on the other hands we've lost.

Regardless of whether it snows or not it's actually kind of nice to have temperatures in the 40s everyday for the foreseeable future. Slows down the growth of the grass. Below freezing at night is nice as well. If we can't get snow might as well have seasonably cool weather.

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

I’m looking forward to extrapolating the SREF starting tomorrow.  

Also, where’s Leesburg been?

I will be in the obs thread....if there ever is one. Currently I'm in Auburn Massachusetts for work this week.

12 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

One of these days you're gonna lose a HECS inside 24 hours and when you take that swan dive I'll be there to catch you. 

Again, I will laugh if that happens. And wave at you while you reap others. 

10 hours ago, 87storms said:

Motown philly was the jam 

Fun fact: when I was 14, my mother forced me to do dance. The end of the year recital, was to Mowton Philly, and me being the freakishly tall skinny teenager that I was, had a solo during it. Hilariously awful. I never did dance again. 

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

Again, I will laugh if that happens. And wave at you while you reap others. 

Fun fact: when I was 14, my mother forced me to do dance. The end of the year recital, was to Mowton Philly, and me being the freakishly tall skinny teenager that I was, had a solo during it. Hilariously awful. I never did dance again. 

Gonna ask your mom if video of this exists.  This must be shown.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived