joxey
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Lol yeah

I've been using the football analogies... feels like this is the year of painful 4th quarter comeback fails.

Let's see what this stuff can do in the 4th quarter... I just want to avoid a shutout, and banking on 18z NAM being correct:

And along those lines... folks in Philly with a good 3-4" of heavy white flying.

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, maybe whiten the ground...tough to imagine much more.

Oh ...well, heh... I wasn't talking about snow...I just meant steadier stuff.. 

Yeah, I have trouble with accumulating anything even at night snowing at 36, which this "snow" if it occurs is destined to be.  For all of Kevin's blather...he does (probably accidentally fall ass-backwards into ...) make a point that without dynamics there's no cold air supply. 

Interestingly, it is 30 F along the rooftop of the Berks on the Wunderground site.. maybe... schit.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We can all commiserate.....my forecast is like something out of an episode of the X Files.

We can jump right back on the horse for Wednesday!

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When Will mails it in .. it’s over. At least we’ve got the winds roaring. Let’s continue  taking trees down 

Started looking really ugly around 3-4pm....after it was going very well around noontime. Meteorology is a fun, but often humbling craft....I was sure when we were seeing collapsing dual pol and WaWa mixing with parachutes at 11:30-12 that we were in for a good snow accumulation.

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Ya zilch here....and I'm 2 miles from wachusett. 39 degrees. So much for my 10"....

I don't think anyone would've guessed nothing in the ORH Hills at 1,000ft.

This storm will make a fascinating case study at some point... the whole "if its precipitating heavily it will snow" argument definitely is failing in this one.

The "clown maps" were actually pretty accurate despite all the crap they got... all the comments "toss that map, that precip is snow."

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I don't think anyone would've guessed nothing in the ORH Hills at 1,000ft.

This storm will make a fascinating case study at some point... the whole "if its precipitating heavily it will snow" argument definitely is failing in this one.

The "clown maps" were actually pretty accurate despite all the crap they got... all the comments "toss that map, that precip is snow."

When all the models kept showing some warm air in the mids, You have to respect it.

Archived