joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ji said:
5 minutes ago, BristowWx said:
Did I say that?  Don’t remember typing that...is it a disaster?

Yea man. You are right. Ukmet is terrible

GEFS is decent.  Prepare for a step or two back on Euro.  NOT saying it will happen but just prepare.  Still week out  

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

You live in freakin PA. It can snow by you in April. Those of us below 39N need a mini miracle in Mid march... We have an entirely different climo.

No...you really dont. 

Let me help w/ a little Goegraphy since you were obviously asleep during most/all of it.  I am in Akron Pa Lanc County and live 28.69 miles from the MD border.  9/10 storrms evolve quite similarly as the northern half of this subforum (+/- a couple inches).  I'm just as butthurt as most of you guys. 

Thanks for the input.  Good grief...every year one of you tries this.     

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Seeing the euro coming in "unamped" in the med range is not a good sign. 

Well I think the shortwave was stronger than 0z, but the flow stays progressive and the wave stays positively tilted. 0z went neutral and then negative in a textbook progression.

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Well I think the shortwave was stronger than 0z, but the flow stays progressive and the wave stays positively tilted. 0z went neutral and then negative in a textbook progression.

just imagine if we had a -NAO where the flow wasnt so progressive and waves had more room/time to amplify

15 minutes ago, Ji said:

just imagine if we had a -NAO where the flow wasnt so progressive and waves had more room/time to amplify

Part of the problem might be that the nao isn't breaking down as fast leading to the 50/50 being more suppressive and now allowing the trough to go negative and amplify as much. That's also why some guidance is trending colder and towards a possible threat after. But it's too soon to say it's the start of the death of the threat. That can change a lot between now and next Monday. But today's trends weren't good imo. 

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Part of the problem might be that the nao isn't breaking down as fast leading to the 50/50 being more suppressive and now allowing the trough to go negative and amplify as much. That's also why some guidance is trending colder and towards a possible threat after. But it's too soon to say it's the start of the death of the threat. That can change a lot between now and next Monday. But today's trends weren't good imo. 

I would argue that until we get Wednesdays system out of the way we may not know how suppressive the next storm system may be... just IMO

34 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

No...you really dont. 

Let me help w/ a little Goegraphy since you were obviously asleep during most/all of it.  I am in Akron Pa Lanc County and live 28.69 miles from the MD border.  9/10 storrms evolve quite similarly as the northern half of this subforum (+/- a couple inches).  I'm just as butthurt as most of you guys. 

Thanks for the input.  Good grief...every year one of you tries this.     

29 miles from the MD PA boarder puts you 125 miles from DC lol. DC is closer to Richmond VA than to you dude.

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

I would argue that until we get Wednesdays system out of the way we may not know how suppressive the next storm system may be... just IMO

What page is that in the weenie handbook? I know I’ve read that somewhere before. Might have been the chapter titled “Desperation Mode” B)

1 minute ago, Subtropics said:

29 miles from the MD PA boarder puts you 125 miles from DC lol. DC is closer to Richmond VA than to you dude.

This isn't just a DC subforum. South central PA has similar winter climo to many of us who live north of Baltimore, and all of MD falls within this subforum. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived