Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

Just now, yoda said:

I believe the 00z Euro is a paste bomb for the region... snow map is incredible lol

Yeah...looks great.  Def a past bomb for the region...h5 looks very much like the gfs.  The 2 major globals with very similar results.

Only 7 more days. :yikes: 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Nope.  Two more panels of light stuff after

That's 2-2.5 inches of precip for the entire region around Balt/DC. Can you imagine if this was just a month sooner with the colder temps and the dynamics that would be in play? With ratios of 12 to one if not a little better? But I am getting greedy. :) I'll take my foot and a half+ and be happy with that.

1 minute ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

@showmethesnow any reason why the EPS hasn’t begun to increase at all some? Really would like to see that get on board here. 

You know I haven't really had a chance to even glance at the EPS yet. So much else going on with the Wed storm and then the 06Z spit out a beast. I'll start looking into it shortly though.

11 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

You know I haven't really had a chance to even glance at the EPS yet. So much else going on with the Wed storm and then the 06Z spit out a beast. I'll start looking into it shortly though.

Go back a page. Yoda posted a pretty colorful Euro Op map for next week!   I don’t know about the Ensembles. I can’t wait to read your take on them. 

21 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

@showmethesnow any reason why the EPS hasn’t begun to increase at all some? Really would like to see that get on board here. 

WE do see a decrease on the snowfall means on the 00z from the 12z. Probably because we are seeing less dig in the trough in the east and less ridging out in front of it for our storm. We are also seeing a more progressive and southerly solution with our surface low. These two make me think we are seeing less ensemble members capturing the southern low and drawing it north. Still a good look over all just not as good as we saw at 12Z. 

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It’s a nice tick upwards from 12z which basically had nothing for DC. It’s now ~2” on the mean. Though the OP is on its own at least in DC with the foot+ (10:1 ratios). 

DC stayed roughly the same but everywhere else we saw a decrease. 00Z  EPS was a little more aggressive with our WED storm so maybe you are seeing that as well?

eta: At least from looking at Weatherbells 10:1 maps.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived