Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Just took a look at the euro/eps. Honeslty, pretty much a sideways run for the 12th potential. I have nothing to add from the disco already ITT. Just gotta hope it breaks right and hits on all 8 cylinders.

Of any pattern/setup we've seen all winter, it's clearly the best. It might fail but not "because this winter sucks". This one is in a class of its own (in a good way)

i dunno man...the juicy southern stream stuff around Christmas was an amazing setup...getting 30-40 inches a run...until the southern stream dried up lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ji said:

welll you said it right there....weak low thats just starting to develop and too far north. How we ever scored with a Miller B in Feb 2010 is beyond me. We are like 1-39 with Miller B's

We scored every time there was an epic pattern in 2009-10. Miller A, B, C....didn't matter. Scored a couple other times too. This winter is the antithesis.

Please let next winter be a Nino.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

We scored every time there was an epic pattern in 2009-10. Miller A, B, C....didn't matter. Scored a couple other times too. This winter is the antithesis.

Please let next winter be a Nino.

We missed the late Feb 2010 “Snowicane”, but other than that, it was an amazing year.

Just now, Fozz said:

We missed the late Feb 2010 “Snowicane”, but other than that, it was an amazing year.

Yeah but probably very few cared. I know I didn't. It was fun to track. That winter had its frustrations like any other, but also had the pay offs like no other. Sigh.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah but probably very few cared. I know I didn't. It was fun to track. That winter had its frustrations like any other, but also had the pay offs like no other. Sigh.

we had a terrible stretch between the Dec 2009 blizzard and our next event which i think was Jan 30. Then things improved

Just now, Ji said:

we had a terrible stretch between the Dec 2009 blizzard and our next event which i think was Jan 30. Then things improved

Yeah that was the worst period. But that late Jan storm with temps in the mid teens was awesome. And what followed was truly epic.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

That's an awfully strong primary now.  I mean, that High needs to keep strengthening and moving south in front of it...

the 50 50 low seems stronger though.....it will pass south. Lol..analyzing 180 hours out

Just now, stormtracker said:

I mean..it's a weather board full of weather geeks.  That's sorta what we do.   Now if you meant to say hanging on to a solution 180 hours out..yeah, that's crazy

i think at 180 we are suppose to be happy that the storm is still even there 

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

That's an awfully strong primary now.  I mean, that High needs to keep strengthening and moving south in front of it...

Yep. And it was actually a little weaker this run than the 12Z run. Who knows at this point? But the players are definitely on the field. Sleepless week coming up I guess.

3 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Yes but maybe too amped for my liking.  Warmer in the upper levels.  

It's just late season and lack of a high.  We can waste the first 9hrs of the storm like february 2010.  Thats how awesome the upper level setup is,  if the NS stays weak, we get rocked eventually.

1 minute ago, Amped said:

It's just late season and lack of a high.  We can waste the first 9hrs of the storm like february 2010.  Thats how awesome the upper level setup is,  if the NS stays weak, we get rocked eventually.

i forgot the first 9 hours of Feb 2010. Good memory. i was like..how are we ever going to get to 34 inches!

Just now, Amped said:

Yeah we do but 12z had it off ORF..this is further Ne..no reason to fret an op run  but I wouldn’t say it’s nearly as good a result. March 6-7 looked good too at this range. The primary is too amped and north leaving us no margin of error on this particular run.  Just my 2cents

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

Start the thread dude. Come on, its hail mary time anyway. Tha hell with jinxes and stuff.

no way man...we need you,Chill or PSU to start our final storm thread. i am the Jonah of snow in the middle atlantic

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived