Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thanatos_I_Am said:

Such light precip. Any of the really smart guys explain why it's so paltry? 

It's not that light. And because it's the gfs at range. It's been good at general track but expecting the gfs to nail banding and precip intensity outside 100 hours is lol. Good track. Good h5 pass. Good run. Not worried about surface details like qpf yet. 

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

It's not that light. And because it's the gfs at range. It's been good at general track but expecting the gfs to nail banding and precip intensity outside 100 hours is lol. Good track. Good h5 pass. Good run. Not worried about surface details like qpf yet. 

I was going to say something, but I figured someone else would take care of it. I literally have no quarrels with this run. It was pretty clean with a great vort pass. If the H5 vort could've closed off a little stronger, then we could've seen widespread 12+, but overall, that was a really good run. GFS is paltry on precip at leads anyway as you mentioned. Give me that H5 presentation and surface will iron itself out. 

2 minutes ago, Ji said:
3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
It gives you 10" of snow stfu 

10 is 4 and u know it. Need way more

The 12z had it stall at the mouth of the Chesapeake bay for 12 hours hence the higher totals. This run doesn't have it stall but it does slow down a bit off the coast. 00z still is an 18 to 24 hour storm verbatim.  1 to 1.5  inchs of precip. Not bad. But your right. No way we would get 10 to 1 ratios. More like 6 to 1. 

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It really is drier than......

But maybe it's the GFS handling things wrong..who knows.  It's 174 hours out.  From now until say 120 hours, all we want is a storm still on the map for us

I've seen it do this a lot. If that h5 presentation and surface track/intensity is right it will work out. The gfs is often funky with qpf at range. But normally we don't parse details on it from this far out. We're just desperate. 

10 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I was going to say something, but I figured someone else would take care of it. I literally have no quarrels with this run. It was pretty clean with a great vort pass. If the H5 vort could've closed off a little stronger, then we could've seen widespread 12+, but overall, that was a really good run. GFS is paltry on precip at leads anyway as you mentioned. Give me that H5 presentation and surface will iron itself out. 

My thoughts exactly. Some people I understand, JI should know better. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If the rest of us get 8" we will be dancing in the streets. JI will be complaining it didn't hit full HECS potential and 8" wasn't enough to save the season from failure. 

He definitely has taken it to a new level even for him these past several weeks.

Heck, just give me 4 so we can break 20 inches for the season and I'll be thrilled.

This is a great sign!  People already losing their s*%t on totals. Either way, we’re heading for a straight up shellacking. Just ask @Jebman  He always comes through in the end. Storm should be named after him. He called for it day after day, week after week, month after month.  

Put it in lights:

”The Jeb Shellacker”

:lol:

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived