Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Mid/Long Range Discussion 2

Cobalt

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

For us, it's comical.  Low transfers further south and we still miss.  There is zero chance we get this one...it can't even work with a transfer near Hatteras.   I can't wait to get past this and on to the hail Mary.

I highly doubt it works here either. Maybe Jersey/LI.  More likely a NE deal per the Euro. This is the NAM being the NAM. And I concur. On to the Hail Mary.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philadelphia Snow said:

For what it’s worth the NAM was a close call another 75 mile swift west and you guys get into the good snows. Still 72 hours out anything can happen. 091d319a007c09626363ff5e2e278c7b.jpg

Man Delaware is just kicking it this year.  Snow state for sure.  New respect for threm.  

4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL.

So you think the NAM has got this nailed eh? 

It does have gfs support(kind of) and it would be nice for you guys to finally have a good event. At the very least what the NAM shows is within the realm of possibilities and has support from the GFS/GEFS

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

LOL.

So you think the NAM has got this nailed eh? 

I don't know about the NAM but the GEFS/GFS have been consistent AF with this system. The clustering hasn't changed and the precip mean continues to slowly increase. The GFS is either going to lead the way (the NAM believes so) or have a MAJOR fail.

I think this is all or nothing go big or go home type thing. Capture vs non capture/late capture.

EPS members have some heavy hitters even down DC land.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You know thats not happening. See the 12.4 on that map? Might be 0.4". That would reasonable.

I don’t know they have the hot hand this year.. we have been the textbook denfintion of snow hole this year...but March 11-12 is money I can feel it

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

I don’t know they have the hot hand this year.. we have been the textbook denfintion of snow hole this year...but March 11-12 is money I can feel it

Coastal areas had a few good events early in the winter. Nothing but rain since. Most guidance has the coastal developing too late for significant snow in our region, including DE. Not impossible, but unlikely.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

lol, a 997 low over OC and we get nothing.  What a winter.

welll you said it right there....weak low thats just starting to develop and too far north. How we ever scored with a Miller B in Feb 2010 is beyond me. We are like 1-39 with Miller B's

Just now, stormtracker said:

lol, a 997 low over OC and we get nothing.  What a winter.

This kind of example alone is what makes me nervous about next week...it's like we can't get it no matter what we have! Recency bias makes it hard to believe even a possible textbook look will work out...mercy! Let's hope it does...

Sorry if this was said. I took my son to the poconos to play in the snow and was out the last couple hours but the euro is the only guidance that's north right now and it's been over amped all year so not a bad spot. Gfs has been pretty good from day 7 with general tracks. Even the miss this week it nailed the general location of the system. It just over did the h5 and phasing a bit. That had a huge impact on ground truth but it wasn't far off from 7 days out on the placement of features. It was closer then the euro just not close enough for our purposes but the compromise looks like it was 75/25 in the gfs favor to me with that. Cmc has been cold all year and it's south right now. All that is to say I like where we are now. 

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

This kind of example alone is what makes me nervous about next week...it's like we can't get it no matter what we have! Recency bias makes it hard to believe even a possible textbook look will work out...mercy! Let's hope it does...

way different next week...we have a southern low...we are not relying on redevelopment from the northern branch sw. It can still screw us...but not in the same way

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Sorry if this was said. I took my son to the poconos to play in the snow and was out the last couple hours but the euro is the only guidance that's north right now and it's been over amped all year so not a bad spot. Gfs has been pretty good from day 7 with general tracks. Even the miss this week it nailed the general location of the system. It just over did the h5 and phasing a bit. That had a huge impact on ground truth but it wasn't far off from 7 days out on the placement of features. It was closer then the euro just not close enough for our purposes but the compromise looks like it was 75/25 in the gfs favor to me with that. Cmc has been cold all year and it's south right now. All that is to say I like where we are now. 

wow...your 75% in favor of getting a HECS. Go big or go home. Bottom of the 9th

Just took a look at the euro/eps. Honeslty, pretty much a sideways run for the 12th potential. I have nothing to add from the disco already ITT. Just gotta hope it breaks right and hits on all 8 cylinders.

Of any pattern/setup we've seen all winter, it's clearly the best. It might fail but not "because this winter sucks". This one is in a class of its own (in a good way)

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived