Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Revs quick Flip Frozen Freakshow

Ginx snewx

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

In the rain? Looks like rain by 11am. I'm wondering if my son's ski club isn't cancelled for Friday evening.

We will see. Pretty dry early on and a lot of guidance doesn't get anything in there until after 18z. It may also start as sleet for a couple hours so that wouldn't be that big of a deal. 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We will see. Pretty dry early on and a lot of guidance doesn't get anything in there until after 18z. It may also start as sleet for a couple hours so that wouldn't be that big of a deal. 

I'm hoping my son gets to go on Friday, it's the last ski club day of the season. Wishing you good weather/conditions if you go.

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

I'm hoping my son gets to go on Friday, it's the last ski club day of the season. Wishing you good weather/conditions if you go.

Thanks. Hopefully it looks decent. If Beast doesn't get at least 4" and/or it looks like rain will make it in Friday morning, I won't go. But it would be nice to sneak a day in. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AWT north trend has continued today with rain south of 90 mixed with a few pellets and sleet/snow north. Damn SE ridge just too strong for most of SNE for anything other than colder rain/ pellet mix 

Reggie actually trended south a bit. 

30 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I thought it looked same as 6z

im just very skeptical of this thing. Record breaking ridge .. how is it going to get scoured / shoved south so fast?

It's happened in the past.  Back in 1972 in NNJ, March 1-2 were low 70s each day, and we woke up on the 4th to 2" new snow.

It used to be that you cooled in stages? 

Like, if you lopped 25 F off a warm pattern...starting, say, in the mid 70s... you ended up with a autumnal air mass... But in order to descend into a 'snow profile' you needed that second stage or atmospheric recession to get you through critical.  

This thing tomorrow?  It seems to violate that general sort of experiential expectation, if you will.. Just going from early summer to December in 12 hours - not sure I've seen that sort of extreme short duration change living in either the Great Lakes or New England ...  I recall once, in February interestingly enough, back in the early 1980s back in in western Michigan.  We awoke to a 58 F airmass morning, and the sound of thunder at dawn. The sun was highlighting the underside of the advancing storm in the usual auburn hues for that sort of timing...   The air smelled like warmth...  So, the shelf cloud and squall move through, the sky stays gray afterwords. The wind accelerates to 25mph with frequent gust to 50 ... and by late afternoon, LE snow flurries and grains started whisking sideways...

That's among the greater short term changes I can recall.  This tomorrow would have to beat that... amounting to 24 hours, going ~ 73 F to 33 F as a general correction... mm.  I think now that I think about it, we've seen some 90 F to 42 F in April BDs before.  I suppose this round would be underscored if we really do achieve snow in the air, so perhaps that's just exaggerating something that is not as unusual as we may think?  Interesting.

Archived