Total Members
    Most Online
    UniversesBelowNormal
    Newest Member
    UniversesBelowNormal
Queencitywx

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

12 minutes ago, drfranklin said:

realized that map was just 10am reports - thanks - nice event for everyone - including Mack?

Yes, Mack saw about 2" of prime snowman building snow whether he admits it or not lol Not at all disappointed with this one

Side roads quickly deteriorating in North Hills area of N. Raleigh. 1/4 to 1/2 inch on the road in areas that are normally in the shade. Part of the roads that are normally in the sun are quickly catching up.  

Downtown Cary has about 3/4 it looks like in unofficial terms, but falling at a pretty good rate.  Hoping we pick up a little bit in the rate, but roads are covered here (secondary)

Just now, Queencitywx said:

Brad Panovich thinks it snows until 6 in CLT

hes on crack, lol.  He also thinks union county gets 2-4 more inches of snow and everytime a radar return makes it to union county it disappears.

Just now, Queencitywx said:

Brad Panovich thinks it snows until 6 in CLT

was questioning the hrrr but the past few frames the returns are popping over western nc, it shows that pivoting over and coming over clt.

just measured and im right at 3.25" or so

• Like 1

Just now, DopplerWx said:

was questioning the hrrr but the past few frames the returns are popping over western nc, it shows that pivoting over and coming over clt.

Slowly but surely catching up to you!  I'm skeptical about it lasting to 6 but this storm has had tricks up it's sleeve its entire march from western KY.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DopplerWx said:

I hope it’s right but rarely do those backend waves work out for me.  Fingers crossed though.  

3 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

It was hard fought and an uphill battle, but got between 2-3"

3.5" reported near Five Forks. Missed our Lollipop by 7 miles 

If RDU wins the pivot, the rest of us from the Triad west are getting ready to watch the back edge come flying thru over the next 2-3 hours.  No way it snows in CLT until 6pm, much less the Triad.

5 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Where the hell is it going to come from? Maybe the cold front that will finally get 20s imby!?

I'm just thinking that meso low is throwing moisture back into the eastern slopes and maybe we're going to see the results of that? Could be some good ratios of it does come through

3 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Closing in on 5 inches and still heavy snow! You're right never expected this much. RNK even this morning said an inch here? 24 degrees

DANGGG!!! That’s awesome man!! 

2 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yes, Very surprised..... RNK a sleep at the wheel. lol WWA for one inch this morning they said!!! 

I’m at 2.5” just measured. Been stuck in the pixie dust all day otherwise could have been much better. I have some heavier echoes coming over me within the next 20 min. Have some darker greens in them. Hoping to eclipse 3”.