• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

The pressure forecasts are just ridiculous...this is going to be a ton of fun watching this thing just explode and strengthen. The CCB is going to be absolutely nuts. This is going to be an insanely difficult forecast with a ton of bust potential on both sides. Figuring out exact track, where your heaviest banding sets up, and given the intensity of the banding you're going to have one helluva subsidence zone. There are just so many factors to take into account for this forecast...how the snowgrowth will be and whether winds will be too strong and rip dendrites apart, will it actually be too cold in the SGZ or will the SGZ actually be a bit lower than what you would like to see? Given the intensity of the system will the bulk of the precip remain more confined towards the center of the system...my God

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Gotta hope for better heights back here, dude. Come on convective heat release!

It’s ticking closer but still not there. I expect this to gain more latitude before it makes the nudge ene though. eps mean had a better ridge which setup a more west trough than the 12z gefs...yet it was still east of the gefs. red flag to this guy. 

Lets go, one time!

15 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

In all honestly, why do you even post in here? Ok we get it, you hate big storms, cold and snow. This is a weather forum. It's where people come that like the phenomenons of weather. It's one thing to hate winter, the cold and snow and just enjoy the science of weather from a summer standpoint but it's another to come in here and post the pessimistic, negative garbage that you do regarding every winter event. You should strongly consider moving south of here because the winter storms around here are probably only going to get bigger and stronger in our lifetime. Just my 2 cents. 

I hope that includes the storm on your avatar, thats the kind of distribution to make just about everyone happy.

4 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Notice how models are kicking it east farther up the coast with almost every run. Should be telling. 

I feel like with the lack of good blocking that opens up room for a further track east. Would really need help from a nicely negatively tilted system earlier in the game to really perhaps help with a tug west.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

I feel like with the lack of good blocking that opens up room for a further track east. Would really need help from a nicely negatively tilted system earlier in the game to really perhaps help with a tug west.

While true, with stemwinder systems you typically see them cut across the thermal gradient rather than along it.

Part of the “creating its own ridging” mystique. 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

While true, with stemwinder systems you typically see them cut across the thermal gradient rather than along it.

Part of the “creating its own ridging” mystique. 

gotcha...I think I actually remember coming across that on Twitter a few days back...can't remember who said it. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

What I don’t know is how the banding sets up. This is not a developing large, but rapidly feeling H5 low. It’s kind of tight. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I do think it may be west of NAM, near Reggie. At least right now. 

My Posts do this all the time but what are you saying about 5H low

Archived