Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I hope that includes the storm on your avatar, thats the kind of distribution to make just about everyone happy.

Absolutely. That was a NAM run back when I made the account when I lived in New Jersey. Think it was the last big true miller A before Jan 16'. 

Now I live in Eastie and loving my spot for this one. 

50 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Notice how models are kicking it east farther up the coast with almost every run. Should be telling. 

Yea I think we’ll eventually lose the “kick” altogether. We’ve lost the warm core look on most guidance through hr 42 or so, but it seems to come back after that point to some degree, resulting in the further east movement (away from the cold air) which is counter to mid latitude cyclone development.

It should be losing the warm core characteristics with latitude, not gaining them.

I'm working on a blog post/snow map and I almost don't even want to do a snow map right now lol...there's just too many unknowns and the range potential is just too high. There is zero way to really know where the CCB will setup and that doesn't only influence where the jackpot zones are but it also influences who sucks on subsidence for a good amount of time. I'm even uncertain how expansive the precip shield will be...although this point is more due to lack of knowledge. I want to feel like that since this thing is going to be insanely deep that two things will happen; 1) The core of the precip shield is confined closer to the center of the storm and 2) Will precip end up being more bandy...like what happened in Boxing Day in 2009...that too could also introduce areas of subsidence.

Archived