Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EMontpelierWhiteout said:

For example, here in East Montpelier we got an only an inch of fluff last night.  Great to hear the mountain got a surprise dump.  I think with GFS map would be sitting in one of those 4" holes surrounded by 7-8" in surrounding areas for the "big" storm.

Hey, East Montpelier! Howdy neighbor!  Got a little less than an inch in my neck of the woods last night.  I'm fine with 4"-6" for this area, I have too much going on this weekend to have to worry about a big clean up.  BTW, post more in the NNE thread.

Just now, sbos_wx said:

It's evident we really need to sticky a model wiki thread. 

I can volunteer to create it... 

As a newbie at weather stuff, I approve of your idea!  Especially if it provides some of the "inside" knowledge of things certain models are stronger/weaker at predicting.

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Hey, East Montpelier! Howdy neighbor!  Got a little less than an inch in my neck of the woods last night.  I'm fine with 4"-6" for this area, I have too much going on this weekend to have to worry about a big clean up.  BTW, post more in the NNE thread.

Thanks, will check it out.

Any mets know when was the last time an ET Low that strong passed that close to the BM? the fact that the UK is showin a 950 mb low at that position on 24 hr panel is kind of crazy. Also seems that C Mass in a battle zone right now on the models, however would think you would get some good mesoscale banding far NW with a mature system of that strength.

Archived