joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

these convective flareups the models are generating during the formulation of the storm's earlier evolution deep in the south and off the SE U.S. coast are effecting structures and other attributes down stream.   

It seems like they're still some tendency to distract this thing from a more cohesive singular structure, whereby it's various attributes would be more agreed upon both in terms of continuity, and among the different models. 

2 minutes ago, WintersComing said:

When is the RPM good?  Yesterday it was junk.

yup and today it's leading the charge...Lol...it's hilarious isn't it....everybody has their own take and bias.  I'll take my 6-9 that ChrisRotary has...or my 3-6 that Ryan has and be happy.   If this thing is all that Anomalous...it's going to do things that other systems haven't...Surprises should abound..time will tell.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

these convective flareups the models are generating during the formulation of the storm's earlier evolution deep in the south and off the SE U.S. coast are effecting structures and other attributes down stream.   

It seems like they're still still some tendency to distract this thing from a more cohesive singular structure, whereby it's various attributes would be more agreed upon both in terms of continuity, and among the different models. 

Do you have a forecast, John

Just now, WinterWolf said:

yup and today it's leading the charge...Lol...it's hilarious isn't it....everybody has their own take and bias.  I'll take my 6-9 that ChrisRotary has...or my 3-6 that Ryan has and be happy.   If this thing is all that Anomalous...it's going to do things that other systems haven't...Surprises should abound..time will tell.

I promise it is not going to do anything that no other system has done.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

inside 36hr most of the short term models are more reliable, including the RPM.. but they all have their weaknesses in difference types of situations, this system will have surprises for sure

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Exactly...if I get 3 inches so be it but my point being is that this is a very irregular storm with a whole bunch of things that are going to happen that the models just can't seem to get their arms around yet. Someone from Western border of CT and MA to the New England shores is gonna get wacked.  It all depends upon where that deform band sets up IMO.  Some people in this forum are very good at picking and choosing

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm going to lean on the globals still for a track.  I have a feeling that this storm will track generally along the path of the 500mb low since it becomes vertically stack by the time its off of HAT.  My gut says 50-75mi SE of the BM.

Sound reasoning.

Thoughts on totals?

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm going to lean on the globals still for a track.  I have a feeling that this storm will track generally along the path of the 500mb low since it becomes vertically stack by the time its off of HAT.  My gut says 50-75mi SE of the BM.

I agree but the outflow at 850 is pretty good so deform band could be well nw of where globals place the qpf blobs. 

Still not buying the nam, my final call shows it, but there is uncertainty. 

Well when your modeled in the Jackpot zone for the last 2 days, and a model suddenly takes that Jackpot and shifts it west of you, people get upset and say it's tossed...everyone is guilty of that to some extent it seems.  

Personally, I think if this gets as strong as modeling shows...there should be a lil more dispersion to the west more...like some models have been hinting at.  Think Eastern areas are in no matter what(to what degree is still a up in the air..a foot, 16,18 inches??) unless this thing does go serious bonkers and hugs and mixes them...which is a viable option that should not be overlooked either in my humble opinion.

Archived