joxey
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

Really good ratios too. I can’t mention that enough. -10 850s

yeah this is the look we want right here, here in the east we are cold enough for all snow and will do well under the heavier bands and then inland you guys will have plenty of QPF left with high rates for lots of powder....would expect yall to do better than what the CMC shows for totals...

1 minute ago, mackerel_sky said:

Worse for I-77 and west, if a coastal is the main show. Precip never makes it back to here!

Do you want ice?  Getting more precip from a stronger primary low sitting in KY is what you'd get.  I'd rather take less precip and snow with 20:1 ratios falling in sub-20 degree air.

17 minutes ago, CADEffect said:

Does it look like to you guys that The GFS and CMC model backed off precipitation a bit? I haven’t compared the qpf. But just looking at the P-type maps and comparing them to previous runs it looks weaker. 

CMC had very heavy amounts in the Southern Half of SC - 1.2".  

Overall, the QPF amounts changes looked very meager compared to the 00z runs.  

7 minutes ago, Wow said:

Do you want ice?  Getting more precip from a stronger primary low sitting in KY is what you'd get.  I'd rather take less precip and snow with 20:1 ratios falling in sub-20 degree air.

I won't have temps in the low 20s, and coastals 99% of the time, don't get precip back here, like Matthew for example! Not even drizzle 

1 hour ago, packbacker said:

Happy hour with the CMC today...round 2.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_35.png

Thanks man! UGH...wish we could get a better cold thickness top to bottom and lessen the ICE aspect of the storm. We still have plenty of time and chances to see the track become more optimum. Looks like a widespread shot at wintry weather for most of us SE Peeps.  

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived