Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The snow, sleet, and freezing rain oh my Dec 27-30 thread

lilj4425

4 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

CMC doesn't give much love this far west, looks like a eastern Carolina's storm.

I_nw_EST_2017122412_114.png

We’ve reached that point prior to a storm. In the end, we all know 9 times out of 10 Frosty winds up shoveling out a foot. 

Seriously though, all of this is within the noise range in this type of complex setup. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

I can only see the jma out to 72hrs. But it is definitely going to be super amped/ wet with our storm.

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Is the JMA biased to be too amped? I was thinking it was, even though it was one of the leaders with last Januarys storm.

THIS! Anytime you want a trend more north and west, you want the JMA to be super amped, which yes it does have a bias. Lends credence to the fact that this thing is far from over from showing its final solution, especially with ensembles so wet on multiple models.

13 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

THIS! Anytime you want a trend more north and west, you want the JMA to be super amped, which yes it does have a bias. Lends credence to the fact that this thing is far from over from showing its final solution, especially with ensembles so wet on multiple models.

You still holding out hope for us in SWVA or should we give this one to the RDU guys? :lol: 

NAVGEM was a total whiff.

1 minute ago, Buddy1987 said:

Always hope lol!! Seen this show so many times where we get all pissy and then the trend starts happening.

The models are dropping like flies. No model gives us over an inch at this point. I'd like to say "Well let's turn to the 12/31 event" but at this stage it's looking like the 29th threat at the same stage so who's to say we don't lose both? Troubling times ahead it seems. If we go 0-2 or 0-3 I may end it all. :lol: 

• jburns unpinned this topic

Archived